COMPLETED: Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper MkVII

First Name
Adrian
"The Cylons Were Created by Man. They Rebelled. They Evolved. They Look and Feel Human. Some are programmed to think they are Human. There are many copies. And they have a Plan."

Well here's mans first line of defence!!!

I really enjoyed this nice straight forward build from Moebius, it was my first attempt at using Maskol to create the chipped paint look and I have to say I'm really happy with it.

The main colour is Pontiac Blue from Vallejo and I stuck a few extra control panels inside as it looked a little bare compared to the Revell cockpit. It will go nicely along side my updated Cylon.

Comments and feedback always welcomed.

So Say we all

View attachment 87435

View attachment 87436

View attachment 87437

View attachment 87438

View attachment 87439

View attachment 87440

View attachment 87441

View attachment 87442

View attachment 87443

View attachment 87444

Adrian

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

T

treyzx10r

Great looking Viper Adrian,like what you've done with the finish looks a proper front line fighter for sure. Very nicely done Sir!!!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice Adrian the chipping effect really worked well , top job :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Not a fan of the new Viper but have to say you have done a top job there Adrian. Do like it.

Si:smiling3:

P

Paul Daniell

Love the vipers from BSG but not sure which ones like the best the old style or the new. But this one looks epic.

Cheers Paul

B

Bunkerbarge

Interesting to see just how the chipping effect works. It can certainly produce a well battered Viper, which really looks the part. I'm afraid my money has always been on the early ones as those three big engines just seem to look so much more powerful! Great weathering job though and with such a large clear canopy well worth sticking a bit more detail in there.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great Viper Adrian, do real like the chipping and weathering on it, and how you got

the detail in the panel lines ,great build :D

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Great Viper Adrian, do real like the chipping and weathering on it, and how you gotthe detail in the panel lines ,great build :D
This was also a first time using a pin wash to get into those panel lines :smiling3:

Adrian

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Tops Adrian

Lee :smiling3: