"COMPLETED" Custom E-Type Jag.

T

tecdes

\ said:
Silly me must have missed the BSA bit, love the bike bet you miss it.I had the 750 bonny.

John
Yes I still look back. One for sale in the island a few months back. Unfortunately the bd had taken it apart for restoration & not put it back together. Used to shine the alloy bits up to chrome look.

Bonneville. Read danger if you accelerated full pelt from stop. I remember it somersaulted bike & rider in numerous cases & Triumph issued warnings. The great machine but to expensive the Vincent Black Shadow a real man's bike.

Apologies John for interrupting your piece.

Laurie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John, superb builds of a superb car.......Cracking paint job too.

Back in the my youth, a work mate and canoeing buddy of mine bought a brand new, gold coloured hard top E. Type....

He promptly fitted a roof rack to it, so he could transport canoes to slalom competitions!.......Sacrilege!!

Ron

First Name
Gregg
I know I have posted a couple of pics of potential new ideas for the E-Type, but I just had to share this.

Especially for the ET fans.

Go out in style!

View attachment 75444

Gregg

E-Type Hearse..jpg

First Name
Richard
Well done John,

some really good modelling you are showing there, love the paint job.

Cheers Richi

J

John Huggins

Thanks Richi for ur kind comments, glad that one is finished it was a pain doing the arches just using plastic filler (never again).

Have a happy New Year to u & ur kin.

John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They both look great. They make me want to do an 'Alice in Wonderland' so that I can get in and take them for a spin :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I got confused John, remember commenting on this on Mayhem and thought it was on here...sorry about that.

Superb John, must admit they both look gorgeous, superb adaptations and cracking builds.

Si:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

John: The black finish is superb. Would you say how you got it? Rattle can, a fancy varnish, lots of micromesh… etc.?

J

John Huggins

\ said:
John: The black finish is superb. Would you say how you got it? Rattle can, a fancy varnish, lots of micromesh… etc.?
Hi Steve, Happy new year.

Yep it is using rattle can but there is no varnish on it, just use 3M finishing polish (plenty of it).

Hope this helps.

John

D

Deleted member 3568

That is truly amazing was just looking back at some models I missed before I joined here, I couldn't believe what I was seeing really well done looks very realistic I could just imagine that coming out of a custom car shop.