COMPLETED MITSUBISHI ZERO 1.72

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You've done a great job on that the weathering is great and really authentic :smiling3:

W

Willi262

Looks like a bullet grazed the canopy...

Nice wearing job, looks like it's seen some action.

A

AlasdairGF

That's one beaten-up bird! Great work.

Did one of these recently, really enjoyed it, great little kit. How tricky was the wing-tip hack job? I considered it briefly before being informed (by my 6-y-o) that we were making ours in-flight.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As has been said a very, action worn aircraft Rob, superb weathering. She has been around the circuit a few times and luckily she always makes it back.

Like it mate.

Si:smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A nicely scruffy Zeke Rob, top work mate.

Tony.

S

Sky Raider

That's a brilliant weathering job you did there. Tops from me!

Andy

First Name
rob
i remember getting this from the bargain bin at the works store..1.99. the paint would have been humbrol matt although i cant recall the number. this would have been one of my early attempts at weathering. used citadel devlin mud i think.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Rob, absolute brilliant.painting and weathering , thats how i do them as well ,very well used, and helps with the painting its so hard to match

the colors i gave up trying to find the right colors, i did 2 and have 4 1.72/ and 4 1.48 to do. but the colors ,:confused: used a H61 ijn gray i think mr color

M

MPal

Thanks for the info on colours.

Japanese aircraft colours is a complex subject, I was just looking for info so I knew what had been used, as the colour seems good to me, and I have the starter set to begin making today.

May well experiment with some paint chipping effects, although the Pearl Harbour aircraft would have been fairly good nick on that fateful day, so may model it as a newish aircraft.

First Name
rob
managed to dig out some old notes i keep for reference and the colour used was humbrol enamel matt 90

D

Doug Hughes

Nice - I've got one of these on the go at the moment, also in IJN Grey. I couldn't agree more with the comment above - 'Japanese aircraft colours is a complex subject'. I've had the contents of that particular can of worms sloshing around in my head for a while now.