COMPLETED: 'THE ADAMSKI UFO' DECEMBER 13TH 1952.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is another build for my mate, he likes Sci-Fi and UFO's so I got hold of a 1/60 scale model of the Adamski UFO. I started this this morning...thinking it would be easy...yeah right. :rolleyes:

This is the original photograph.

A very simple kit, nearly ruined by fitting LED's to a battery unit (not supplied with the kit but faffed with by yours truly.:confused:) The panel gaps around the ring were hardly noticeable but they have sprung slightly. Underneath I attempted some glow from LED'S and resin-this reacted with the CA and melted the wiring...was getting fed up but stuck at it.

It has been primed, then sprayed in pewter flakes, the base is a piece of clear acrylic with a smoked plastic square fitted below for the wires to come out of. The base has been coated and weathered to look like desert and the UFO has had a light grey filter wash to denote dust.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 85417

View attachment 85418

View attachment 85419

View attachment 85424

View attachment 85425

View attachment 85426

DSCF3527.JPG

DSCF3519.JPG

DSCF3518.JPG

DSCF3516.JPG

DSCF3512.JPG

DSCF3510.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

That's really clever Si! It looks rather like an Art Deco piece.

The pewter finish is very good.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's great si I love it :smiling3:

You can see how the US Air Force debunked all those 50s UFO sightings now , it was obvious that they were old hubcaps with a bake bean tin on top:D

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's great Si

Lee :smiling3:

R

Ray Scheller

I live only a few minutes from the site where a UFO was supposedly found in NM. Every year we celebrate this find in Roswell. If you are a UFO fan you have to see this. I think your build is right on the money. I really like the pewter paint you used and that does look like the desert.

Ray

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I live only a few minutes from the site where a UFO was supposedly found in NM. Every year we celebrate this find in Roswell. If you are a UFO fan you have to see this. I think your build is right on the money. I really like the pewter paint you used and that does look like the desert.Ray
Thanks Ray, nice to get some feedback from someone who lives in the area. It could have been better, rushed it I think messing with the LED's, if I did again I would glue the window sections first prior to after the wiring. Glad you like it and the colour is okay.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta guys, glad you like it. Mistakes made, wiring made things difficult so would do differently...hopefully :D if I made another.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like it Si, looks great, and the pewter paint,looks so good,top job,

always some think with leds, they just dont play fair :confused:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Really Si, it's cool mate, it's...out of this world o_O... :sad:

Yep...the guys in the white jackets are here :confused:...what are you doing with that neeeeeeedllllllllllleee???...zzzzz

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
real like it Si, looks great, and the pewter paint,looks so good,top job,always some think with leds, they just dont play fair :confused:
It's my own fault really...messing about with a cheapo set of battery operated Halloween lights, I got them all fitted okay and CA them in place, the underside was drilled and I mixed up some clear resin to add over the LED's and then add some orange Tamiya clear...the resin reacted with the CA (lesson there people) and it created a lot of heat, not enough to melt the model but to melt the plastic wiring, so had to redo :mad:. The wiring sprang loose and was just a spiders web lol. Never mind... :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Really Si, it's cool mate, it's...out of this world o_O... :sad: Yep...the guys in the white jackets are here :confused:...what are you doing with that neeeeeeedllllllllllleee???...zzzzz

What ever they have given you...they need to double it Lee :P

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
What ever they have given you...they need to double it Lee :P Si:smiling3:
It's cool Si, with my taekwondo I fought them...oh crap!!! There's more of them! :eek: Oh look a squirrel...and run!!! :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Hey mate you wanna stick it on some string and dangle it out the windo at night then take a photo and sell it to one of those conspiracy sites believe me mate they will believe you :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's cool Si, with my taekwondo I fought them...oh crap!!! There's more of them! :eek: Oh look a squirrel...and run!!! :P Lee :smiling3:
Lee...have you been at your glues and paints again? Look, just sit down, take deep breaths and I'll send Al around to tuck into bed and read you a nice story...any model instruction sheet you prefer to be read?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely build Si, it has a nice metallic finish to it. Good work with the lights.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Lovely build Si, it has a nice metallic finish to it. Good work with the lights.
Thanks Joe, the pewter paint is just a small spray can, and as you spray it it releases flakes, a couple of coatings and it worked really well, glad you think so to.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Lee...have you been at your glues and paints again? Look, just sit down, take deep breaths and I'll send Al around to tuck into bed and read you a nice story...any model instruction sheet you prefer to be read?Si:smiling3:
Yes...I'm sorry:oops:...It was the scenics pva...It was there!...I tried to resist:sad:...I failed:oops: :sad: ...

Al, please read me M1a2 Abrams Tusk 2 by the great Tamiya.

Thanks Si...I don't know why I did it? :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes...I'm sorry:oops:...It was the scenics pva...It was there!...I tried to resist:sad:...I failed:oops: :sad: ...Al, please read me M1a2 Abrams Tusk 2 by the great Tamiya.

Thanks Si...I don't know why I did it? :sad:

That damn PVA...modellers ruin you know! I go through gallons of the stuff.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
That damn PVA...modellers ruin you know! I go through gallons of the stuff.Si:smiling3:
I've got shares in it...its WOOHOO good stuff WOW YEAH...There goes another bottle o_O