controversial statement

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Now that's an idea!!! The men sahib is clumsy on a good day!!! That could save me a few repair jobs!! That was one of the reason I gave up just after I got married. Dusting she called it. Demolition I called it!!!
Mind you Mr Waspie, once the dust settles we will be moving to most likely a bungalow with a dormer and hopefully walk in attic storage space. So the risk of the stash being discovered is very high!!! So my builder mate Malcolm might have to build a false wall lol

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
If you can avoid it or keep it very limited, for some time I stuck to the buy one build one rule of thumb ,now like many I am desperately seeking a help line number.
Know that feeling David.Lots of retail therapy to try and get mojo to return.Think i have about 100 kits plus countless resin and white metal.figures in stash.
Richard

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Now that's an idea!!! The men sahib is clumsy on a good day!!! That could save me a few repair jobs!! That was one of the reason I gave up just after I got married. Dusting she called it. Demolition I called it!!!
Ha! every time mine comes past the door she sniffs loudly and asks if I can keep the door shut to stop the dust from invading the rest of the house, or would I like the hoover and polish - she call it dust, I call it patina....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
My gal was plugged into stained glass for several years.....she "invested" multiples of thousands of dollars in glass for her hobby so has no voice in my determinations.... as to Bob's comments about the attic stash, I would caution that storing styrene in a warm environment can have some pretty adverse effects on it. Particularly if there came an unexpected heat wave.... :thinking:
Don't believe the environmentals Rick, it does not get that hot here, I'm still pale from the year before, and still awaiting the 'snow bomb' that was due in October 2018, one day i will climb out of my 'Long Johns'.....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I had similar problems but my missus always blamed the cats. And for all I know, she could have been right - so I'm left with no-one to blame!

Except for one incident. I was halfway through a B-52 build. As I'd got no room on my shelves for it, I'd got it strung up from the ceiling - after suitable 'zoom' and 'whoosh' noises of course! Came back from work one day to find it in bits all over the floor. The thread was still intact and even as young mischievous kittens they couldn't jump nearly 9 feet in the air so I knew who to blame that time!
Spiders....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mind you Mr Waspie, once the dust settles we will be moving to most likely a bungalow with a dormer and hopefully walk in attic storage space. So the risk of the stash being discovered is very high!!! So my builder mate Malcolm might have to build a false wall lol
Get her drunk and then move it all at night, you can make all the noise you want and blame it on thunder....

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm in a bungalow!! Nowhere to hide!! Well there is the Huuuuuuge loft but it's positively Baltic up there.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'm in a bungalow!! Nowhere to hide!! Well there is the Huuuuuuge loft but it's positively Baltic up there.
This summer I will be up in our loft. The lazy barstewards that put in the new insulation gathered all the old stuff and pushed it up one end. then along came the council and installed vents - not just one but one every three feet, front and back. Open the loft hatch and it is like entering the ice age... So I will be all kitted out in the coveralls, goggles, mask and armed with the mop handle taped to the brush handle to give me length and I will be shoving and moving all the excess old stuff into the vent spaces, right down to that narrow area you cannot reach. It might not stop the cold, but it will slow down the gale flipping back the toupee....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Spiders....

I could believe that if I lived somewhere hot or exotic where they get ginormous beasties like the goliath or huntsman. Alas I'm stuck just outside Birmingham (If the Universe had piles, that's where they'd be!) and I don't think the titchy house spiders we get here could have done it.

Just to be on the safe side though, should I ever get to finish a wingy thingy - unlikely the way things are going with my painting at the moment - I won't be hanging it from the ceiling. I will however be continuing with the 'zoom' and 'whoosh' noises as I fly it around the room.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I could believe that if I lived somewhere hot or exotic where they get ginormous beasties like the goliath or huntsman. Alas I'm stuck just outside Birmingham (If the Universe had piles, that's where they'd be!) and I don't think the titchy house spiders we get here could have done it.

Just to be on the safe side though, should I ever get to finish a wingy thingy - unlikely the way things are going with my painting at the moment - I won't be hanging it from the ceiling. I will however be continuing with the 'zoom' and 'whoosh' noises as I fly it around the room.
Once found a tarantula in a box the bananas came in - Balsall Heath - 1964....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Acoustics are important. The better to hear SWMBOs' call to tea or chores.:smiling:
Chores - given at breakfast time to go down with the Wheatabix....
Tea - when stomach tells me, or if it is a roast meal I can tell by the curses and the crashing of pots and oven door slamming, bit like Animal the demented drummer on the Muppets....