D&D wizards

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm still dipping my toe into the torrid waters of miniature painting but I'm happy with how these have turned out. Of course I chipped a bit of paint from a couple at the last minute and didn't notice before the pictures, but never mind.

2023-05-01 17.48.37.jpg2023-05-01 17.48.59.jpg2023-05-01 17.49.04.jpg2023-05-01 17.49.43.jpg2023-05-01 17.51.19.jpg

And a final calibration shot, mainly for my mates on social media that have no idea of the size of these!

2023-05-01 17.58.58.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice Andy.....you did 'em proud! and your pals on Soc. Med. will trip out when they see how small they are! :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice Andy. Man of many talents you are….

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They look superb Andy
Cheers Mick, and thanks for your support along the way.
Nice Andy.....you did 'em proud! and your pals on Soc. Med. will trip out when they see how small they are! :thumb2:
Thanks Rick, I'm sure they think they're 6" high :smiling5:
Very nice Andy. Man of many talents you are….
Thanks for that Tim, I just need to work on my patience to develop my long game.

I keep putting off a big project as I'm not sure I have the stamina for it! I'm in awe of those that can dedicate weeks or months to really get the best out of a build instead of just rushing to get it finished like I do.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Whenever i see D&D being mentioned i always seem to have Stephen Lynch come into my head lol

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Beautiful
Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

It's only View attachment 480591 really well done Andy. Base is spot on as well .
Congratulations.
Matron and The Committee loved it .
Thank you all! I'm glad to see the eye strain and backache were worth the effort :smiling5:

I also discovered that this foam really doesn't like thin CA glue. I though it was going to melt the lot :surprised: Lesson learned for next time.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Neil.

I'm always a bit apprehensive when trying something new, especially with a teenage figure painter in the house that just says "not bad for an amateur" :smiling5:

I'm more than happy with how they've turned out though so keep going and hopefully keep improving.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
“not bad for an amateur “ LOL……kids eh….they were born able to do things ;)
As to backache…improve your posture or you’ll get issues later on. Being hunched over for long periods will lead to back and neck ache. To paint minis, sit upright in your chair, with your elbows on the bench and the minis held at around eye level. You can then breathe properly and your back and neck will thank you for it…..

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nice indeed Andy. You have every reason to be proud of those.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Jim. I've also learned a few things for next time so happy all round.

He loves to pull my leg Tim, he thinks they're great really

And yes, my chair is part of the problem. I don't have one lol.
I did try painting in the house but got fed up of tottering up and down the garden when I'd inevitably forgotten something, so I'm perched on a bar stool with a totally unsuitable posture.

PXL_20230502_180020157.jpg

Plans are afoot but I can't do anything until after Her Ladyships birthday garden party next month.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really great painting skills there Andy...I need someone to help me with my monkeys. :smiling6:
Yeah, right. Not holding my breath is the hardest part of painting miniatures, I find. Doesn't matter I know I shouldn't do it - I still do!
You'll never know if you had broken the world holding breath record. It seems to come naturally when painting figures, bad it may be but the only way to keep everything still.

I'm a master at procrastinating and step away at any moment from my build at the slightest distraction...mainly titbits for the hungry stomach.:smiling2: And I have no deadlines.

Cheers,
Wabble

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job andy , they look at home on the base . Cheers tony

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Richard, looks like I'm a bit too late to help out :smiling5:

Much appreciated Tony. Base was fun as I thought the change in elevation would suit the low, mid & high level characters.

Reactions: JR