D-day 80th anniversary tribute build - 5th June -Sept 24.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well.. I've been looking at my stash and I'm not sure if I have a model that will fit. Looking at my list I do have a Stuka, Mustang and a Spitfire (but I'm not doing the Spit as it's the 1/24th one.)

I'm not sure what variants the Stuka and Mustang are, will check in the morning.
Come on Steve, it's about the experience, not the end result,and you learn more by doing than by watching....

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
So far we have

Me
Lee
Tim
Andy
Vizenz (Andreas)
Ian
Neil
Spanner 570
Andy T

So just one more to go but obviously the more the merrier :smiling4:

Come on chaps, roll up, roll up, let’s be ‘aving ya :tears-of-joy:

Geoff.

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm going to use this as an excuse to buy a Mossie. I believe they were used in D-Day and I do have a great love for the lovely old bird!

I do have one question thoughl, it says 'Usual group build rules apply'. I don't know what they are, can you either list them or give me a link to them? I wouldn't want to break a rule by accident. Thanks!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm going to use this as an excuse to buy a Mossie. I believe they were used in D-Day and I do have a great love for the lovely old bird!

I do have one question thoughl, it says 'Usual group build rules apply'. I don't know what they are, can you either list them or give me a link to them? I wouldn't want to break a rule by accident. Thanks!
Model must be new and unstarted, unless otherwise stated in the original suggestion.
You may start the thread build thread as soon as the section is opened, but no building until the start date.
Befor the build starts you need to post photos of the box art and the sprues and any other goodies you plan to use for the build.

Loads of photos and a bit of text to tell what you are doing.
Ask as many questions as needed.

Have a look at some of the previous Group Builds - GB's - and you'll get the idea.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Welcome aboard Steve :thumb2:

Well that’s ten of us I believe so we are good to go:smiling4:

Me
Lee
Tim
Andy
Vizenz (Andreas)
Ian
Neil
Spanner 570
Andy T
Steve T

Hopefully we will get a few more entries before the start date.

Could you do the necessaries when you get time please Ian.

Cheers,

Geoff.

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've been trying to find a Mosquito with invasion stripe decals but I can't find any modern kits that have them so...
I'm thinking of buying a Tamiya 1/48th scale kit (or even the Revell 1/32 scale one) and either getting an aftermarket decal set of the stripes or painting them myself.

Would this be within the rules or do I have to only use specific kits? (I'm fine with either, I'm just checking before I buy anything)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I've been trying to find a Mosquito with invasion stripe decals but I can't find any modern kits that have them so...
I'm thinking of buying a Tamiya 1/48th scale kit (or even the Revell 1/32 scale one) and either getting an aftermarket decal set of the stripes or painting them myself.

Would this be within the rules or do I have to only use specific kits? (I'm fine with either, I'm just checking before I buy anything)
Yes this is with the rules. Any Model kits of any size and aftermarket decals, parts are exceptional.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff

Yes Steve, as Lee said that’s within the rules ;)

Geoff.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’m debating whether to join in on this too, probably with a Sherman BARV, as I’ve got the Resicast conversion kit for it in my stash (but no base kit to use it on). Not sure yet, though. I have other things to finish first, and was really gearing up to build another kit once I’ve finished those …

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Geoff,

Well, I looked through the stash and actually found one kit that would fit the bill. I guess I'll join in too. 90% of the stash is from the other side of the conflict or WWI...

Prost
Allen

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
I’m debating whether to join in on this too, probably with a Sherman BARV, as I’ve got the Resicast conversion kit for it in my stash (but no base kit to use it on). Not sure yet, though. I have other things to finish first, and was really gearing up to build another kit once I’ve finished those …

It would be great to see you join in Jakko. A Sherman BARV would be a very interesting to see built :smiling4:

Morn Geoff,

Well, I looked through the stash and actually found one kit that would fit the bill. I guess I'll join in too. 90% of the stash is from the other side of the conflict or WWI...

Prost
Allen
Great stuff Allen, glad to have you along.
Looking forward to seeing what you have found in the stash :thumb2:

Geoff.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
really gearing up to build another kit once I’ve finished those …
You might as well. I thought about a Sherman wading but the conversation kit I have calls for it to be used with the Hobby Boss kit which I have but the wrong one. I’ll probably go with something else. Jakko you ought to do the Sherman looks like your the King of when it comes to building them.