D9R Bulldozer

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

dubster72

That looks really realistic Ralph, nicely worn without going ott & sufficiently grimy.

How about a few more pictures, maybe some close-ups? 

D

Deleted member 4539

That looks really realistic Ralph, nicely worn without going ott & sufficiently grimy.

How about a few more pictures, maybe some close-ups? 

Thanks for the kind words Patrick :smiling3: .

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Very nicely done! Mine's just moved a bit higher up on my 'to do' list!

Can I ask? One or two reviews I've seen mention some length issue with the tracks. I seem to remember they're slightly too long when built with the suggested number of treads but too short if one is left out. Yours look absolutely spot on for length.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thats cracking stuff, love it. Mind you would need to be brave to leave the armoured cab, clamber onto the roof to use that gun lol   O.o , if there was ever a need for a CROWS system its right there !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Very nicely done! Mine's just moved a bit higher up on my 'to do' list!

Can I ask? One or two reviews I've seen mention some length issue with the tracks. I seem to remember they're slightly too long when built with the suggested number of treads but too short if one is left out. Yours look absolutely spot on for length.

Thanks for the kind words Dave. :smiling3:

You are correct about the tracks.

When I built the lengths I found them to be just a tad too long.

After quite a bit of thinking and test fitting this is what I came up with.

I glued the track(I alway's put tracks on prior to painting)to the return roller,when set I then glued the track under tension to the front roller,again when set, I glued the track to the rear roller.

The next thing I did was to glue the bottom of the track to the wheels,for this I coated them with Testor's cement and when about half way dry I

pressed the tracks together as tight as I could going from the back to the front.

There was a bit where the track didn't quit sit correct at the front but this would be hidden by the blade support's and covered with dirt.

I hope this helps.

Ralph.

D

Deleted member 4539

Thats cracking stuff, love it. Mind you would need to be brave to leave the armoured cab, clamber onto the roof to use that gun lol   O.o , if there was ever a need for a CROWS system its right there !! :D

Thanks for the nice comment's Steve :smiling3: .

There is an hatch for the gunner on the roof top.

But like you said a CROWS system would be better :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Perfectly weathered ralph , its a real beautiful build. Absolutely first class work , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb looking beastly,real like the weathering,and the mud,over all,just the grimy look,

very well done,and the base blends in,like the idea with the reddish shade of dirt as well,

great build this one, :D