Decal problem

First Name
Dale
Hello guys am biulding a Dragon 1/35 OH-6A cayuse an old kit and am at a standstill. The decals are to old and will not separate from the backing so am looking for some to make me some new decals . I have searched online and can't get the ones like in the kit and I really like the original marking so I would like to get some made up if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it don't really care how much it will cost

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You could also try Microscale liquid decal film. I’ve had success with it in the past.

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If the decals are still visually OK you could also try scanning them into your computer (assuming you have the gear, that is) and printing fresh ones onto decal paper.
Look up Mr Decal Paper

If you do go down that route, there are 2 types; laser and ink-jet. Laser are used as-is; ink-jet have to be spray varnished to seal in the ink (prior to immersing in water :smiling5:).

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
If the decals are still visually OK you could also try scanning them into your computer (assuming you have the gear, that is) and printing fresh ones onto decal paper.
Look up Mr Decal Paper

If you do go down that route, there are 2 types; laser and ink-jet. Laser are used as-is; ink-jet have to be spray varnished to seal in the ink (prior to immersing in water :smiling5:).
Remember most printers don’t print white, so if you go this way you'll need white decal paper and have to cut accurately around the decal.