Defending the Gustav line , may '44' new photos

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
well I've finally finished my brummbar dio , mmmmm it's ok

My problems with this were bound to show , first the figures , try as I might I could not get the camo right on the uniforms as you will see in the close ups, second the rubble, this was the first time I've tried to do a bombed out street , to me it looks bland and with most pics I saw being in black and white I just did a dust coloured look , you'll have to tell me how it looks I personally think it's dull

Things I like about this are the building , I built this years ago and never done anything with it so I repainted it and gave it a real burnt out look like a fire had raged , I think the positions of the figures are quite good but in some places it looks crowded

So it's over to you guys to tell me how to improve if I do another bombed out street :smiling3: View attachment 108084

View attachment 108085

View attachment 108086

View attachment 108087

View attachment 108088

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a cracking job Alan.............. Superb work. Five Very Big Stars from me Matey.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm glad you like it and thanks for the nice comments:smiling3:

D

dubster72

I like it very much Alan! It's the perfect 'snapshot' diorama, with plenty happening.

The only thing that might improve it are some more debris like bricks or timbers scattered over the scene. But that's a very minor point.

D

dougie

Great build says it all.

Maybe your like me and want it perfect, it's never going to be perfect to your eyes but striving for that makes it look all the better to us!

Great job

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like it very much Alan! It's the perfect 'snapshot' diorama, with plenty happening.
The only thing that might improve it are some more debris like bricks or timbers scattered over the scene. But that's a very minor point.
Thanks Patrick it's nice to see you think so highly of it :smiling3:

There are some timbers there but there's two points to consider , 1 because I actually burnt them they are mostly hidden due to the colours I used and 2 everything seems to be in front of them :confused: I was thinking about bricks but was at a loss where to put them :smiling3:

\ said:
Great build says it all.
Maybe your like me and want it perfect, it's never going to be perfect to your eyes but striving for that makes it look all the better to us!

Great job
thanks dougie I'm glad you like it , I'm always critical of my builds infact I don't know what people see in them most of the time , I like to think they look good from a distance :D

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great work Alan, it all looks good to me...and I don't do dioramas!

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I real like it Alan well done, :D

I do real like the gray ash look ,

I do real like the colors of the build look great to me, ;)

nice job on the camo always a hard one to do, looks great

I do agree with Patrick,a little more lose type rubble,bricks wood,and will just add more to it,:rolleyes:

First Name
Robert
Spot on Alan you have the dip just right and the figures look good too. The camo has come out perfect and as the others say maybe a few bricks and scattered wood but from a minor modeller I'm looking at a perfect expression of great modelling abilities

Really like this

Robert ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ And an extra ⭐️

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beauty Alan. Figures are looking great, and nice work in general on the scene.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Alan.

I don't think it looks dull at all spot on grubby, rubble all over the place, just how it would look

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys and gal I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This looks superb Al, great work!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work again Alan! Nice and "gritty" just the way I like it! My, you've been a busy bee of late. ;)

First Name
barry
Good looking dio I agree with others about more rubble ,the one thing i noticed when first saw it is the rubble seems to be blended together and not seperate lumps of rubble hope my comments are of some help.

N

noble

Nice work, like the figures and that brumbar is very nice indeed. Like the dio well thought out and executed .

scott