Derelict Tanks

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos Graeme, esp like the first one with the hint of bleached original colour . The rust shades on that are brilliant.
Thanks for posting .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Those are very helpful Graeme. Abandoned, derelict tanks make great models but are very hard to build and paint realistically. Good reference photos are essential.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great pictures, and timely for me.

I have a cheap old kit that I bought to have a go at an abandoned tank. Those shots should come in very handy.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Great pics from the ranges. At one time there used to be a couple of Churchills up there as well. We used to spend a week up there with the Mowbat/Wombat a/t guns. And the same at Warcop abd Putlos in N. Germany.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
When I left the forces I joined the TA after a few years. I became a Recovery Mechanic. One task we had as a unit was to replace the shot out hulks with new targets in Bovington. It was amazing to see the damage caused by repeated hits.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
When I left the forces I joined the TA after a few years. I became a Recovery Mechanic. One task we had as a unit was to replace the shot out hulks with new targets in Bovington. It was amazing to see the damage caused by repeated hits.
There were a few relics on the Lulworth ranges, (I assume that is were your talking about). 5 Tips and St Andrews Farm! They must have been blitzed by all the courses and Regt's that went through the place!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There were a few relics on the Lulworth ranges, (I assume that is were your talking about). 5 Tips and St Andrews Farm! They must have been blitzed by all the courses and Regt's that went through the place!!
Yes mate, I should of said Lulworth cove. There wasn't a lot left of some of the targets. A great place to practice recovery skills.