Displaying/storing your dioramas

First Name
Drew
Okay, so I have a few (okay, as of today, 5) planned dioramas in my head.

I was wondering what you all do to protect the ones that you have built.

I initially thought about buying clear plastic display cases but after looking at the prices I thought maybe not.

There's always the option of building my own but I wondered if anyone had any cheap suppliers or different ideas.

I only plan to storethem in my attic when finished but I'd like clear boxes for them.

Cheers

Drew

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Drew

This is the problem with dioramas and especially large dioramas. The 2 that I have (The Group Build project and my King Tiger/ Sdkfz 250 diorama [in my gallery]) are simply left open and do require dust removal every now and again. To do this I dampen a chisel edged artist's brush and simply lightly brush the surface.

I suppose you could build your own display cases from clear acrylic and glued with plastic weld, but I think this will still be quite expensive as acrylic sheet is not cheap.

I'm afraid I'm not being much help here but maybe some of the other guys could give you some tips on display cabinet making

Good luck with it all

Paul

S

Spyderman_uk

I have a nice display cabinet from Ikea.

Detolf

Your dioramas will still need alight dusting every now and again, but it is far better than leaving them out of the cabinet.

Last edited:
S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
Nice find SpideyLooks like a shopping trip
Yea, well worth it!

I'd buy another, but house is too small and kids are too big!