Divine Wind - Pegaso 1/9th Kamikaze Bust

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As much as i have tried i cannot put off putting some paint on some resin ( delayed with brushes, wet pallete, paints). So first out of the grey army hidden away in the shed for a few years, when i had a bash at painting figures before, is this chap;

k-front.JPGk-left.JPGk-right.JPG

Very happy with him so far; need to add some red to his cheeks, sort his mouth, lips and teeth out next

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work so far,Steve,looking the tones and look of him,:smiling:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I am not the fastest of painters, plus only get a few hours a week to get any painting done, that said spent an enjoyable (and i cant beleive it was this long) hour sorting out his mouth, tounge and lips. Semi gloss coat in his mouth and on his tounge and a bit dropped onto his eyes. Also added some red to his cheeks, a bit more darkening to the deepest recesses. Started blocking in his head scarf;

IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2077.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work Steve, coming along very nicely. I'm often amazed how the time flies while painting - I spent a similar amount of time working on some teeth yesterday.

Peter.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Looks amazing to me. You figure painters really are masters of what, to me, is the hardest part of the hobby. What scale is he? Also do you work with acrylics and/or oils?
Jim

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve
Looks amazing to me. You figure painters really are masters of what, to me, is the hardest part of the hobby. What scale is he? Also do you work with acrylics and/or oils?
Jim
Thanks for the kind words, he is 1/9th scale. I have a few others to crack on with going forward, i tend to stick to 1/9th or 1/10th. Oh and he is all done in acrylics (glazes).

Great work Steve, coming along very nicely. I'm often amazed how the time flies while painting - I spent a similar amount of time working on some teeth yesterday.
Peter.

I know, its mad, isnt it.

R

RichardMo

Your skin tones are awesome, I really like this bust with all that expression it was really fun to paint. I like you and Peter spent some time on my teeth (mouth) area so I know what you all mean lol.
Rick.

J

Jay-BFG

Nice work Steve, looks like you’ve knocked his nose a bit unfortunately.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work Steve, looks like you’ve knocked his nose a bit unfortunately.
Yep I did / didn’t, it was a speck of dirt, but when I took another photo of him a did spot a bigger hole. It has now been filled in and his face sealed with Matt varnish, hopefully it will keep it all intact t.

Oh and thanks for the kind comment

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Your skin tones are awesome, I really like this bust with all that expression it was really fun to paint. I like you and Peter spent some time on my teeth (mouth) area so I know what you all mean lol.
Rick.

Thanks for the kind comments, spent more time on his teeth than my own real ones !! Lol

J

Jay-BFG

Yep I did / didn’t, it was a speck of dirt, but when I took another photo of him a did spot a bigger hole. It has now been filled in and his face sealed with Matt varnish, hopefully it will keep it all intact t.

Oh and thanks for the kind comment
Happens to me more often than I like

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Got his helmet, google strap's and bandana blocked in last night, next to refine edges and then add shadows and highlights and try to turn the lump of brown paint to some resemblence of leather.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
so got a few hours in on him, detailed the googles and shaded the straps, also dark shadows/shades added to his helmet, next to add highlights to the helmet, straps, googles then paint in the flag details and 'kamikaze' in script, showing through the googles.

IMG_2117.JPGIMG_2121.JPGIMG_2120.JPGIMG_2118.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Big update (work from last Thursday thru Saturday);

Calling the head done, if I don’t stop I will end up cocking something up by overdoing it. Whilst researching the googles, found a few photos of a set of genuine WWII Japanese googles, with yellow tinted lenses, so to add a splash of colour tinted mine to;

IMG_2146.jpgIMG_2149.jpgIMG_2151.jpg

Body has been base coated with my air brush, with highlights and shadows also airbrushed, will refine these blends after I have added the white flag patches on his arm and base airbrushed his life jacket;

IMG_2141.JPGIMG_2142.JPGIMG_2143.JPGIMG_2144.JPG

Couldnt wait, so removed him from his painting pole and placed him on the body;

IMG_2155.jpgIMG_2156.jpg

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve.
Kamikhazi guys coming along very nicely.Particularly the helmet with goggles and the writing and sun symbol.Keep going there.
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Steve

Terrific work on the bust. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Its really coming along well

Steve