DKW NZ350 in 1/72 - scratch build

First Name
Peter
Hello!

Let me present one of my latest builds. German motorcycle DKW NZ 350 in 1/72. Similarly to my previos motorcycles in 1/72 the DKW is scratch built. I think the quality ant the final effect is bit better than fe. my BMW R75. It's because I have improved the mothod of making spoked wheels. Another improvment is painting - this time I used air brush. I sure pictures will tell you much more, so here they are:

G

Gaz

Think I'll give up trying to build model's out of the box and take up a new hobby, tiddly-winks perhaps.....

Seriously though, that is one cracking model, beautiful!

First Name
Peter
Thank you Gaz!

I'm happy that you noticed my tiny little model. The adventure with 1/72 bikes started when I bought one of Hat kits. I was so disappointed with the contents that I had no other choice than to commit my first 1/72 motorcycle. Since then my skills advanced, some proper tools were bought and better materials used. The outcome is above. I wanted to share it here to ecourage others to try some scratch build from time to time. It does cost some more work than out of the box kits, but the result is one of the kind.

S

Sky Raider

Yes, that is amazing work. Such a tallent to build a small model like that, especially as it is scratch built to.

Realy well done, fantastic work.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

that is awesome!!! The spoke build up is stunning ,great job

B

Bunkerbarge

The one thing that lets model bikes down tends to be the spokes. Even the Tamiya pushbikes are far too heavy. These though are superb and they are 1/72nd!! Unbelievable.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now I mean this in the kindest way but are you insane!!!! That thing is tiny!

I would not know where to begin with such a project but in that scale? Yet another example of your wonderful skills.

Well Done Peter.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Outstanding blow me away, i could only just see a 1/72 let alone build one. Totaly wkd.

John.