Doug's Mk5 ASW Sea King

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wasn’t aware of the all messages feature. I’ll give that a go next time. :thumb2:
Don’t sweat it Doug. I’ve been using the forum for a good few years now and I’m still not aware of all the messages features :tears-of-joy:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Doug,
you should quite rightly feel satisfaction at that! Show quality!
All you need now is your optivisor & tweezers, so you can work the same magic on the dainty Wasp!
Dave

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Doug,
you should quite rightly feel satisfaction at that! Show quality!
All you need now is your optivisor & tweezers, so you can work the same magic on the dainty Wasp!
Dave
Thanks Dave. I took a look at it this morning sitting in the garage and yes, I'm starting to feel a bit happier with my rendition. I see things that could be better. That I'll try and remedy if/when I attempt a Mk2.
As for the Wasp - tweezers ready and waiting. Optimiser is very high on the need to have list. The King brought home the need for better optics than just my reading glasses. The Wasp was one of the Navy's smallest operational helicopters and in 1/72 - that IS going to test me. Hopefully!! My experience working as a mechanic on them and 3 front line tours as aircrew with them will help me immensely.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Dave. I took a look at it this morning sitting in the garage and yes, I'm starting to feel a bit happier with my rendition. I see things that could be better. That I'll try and remedy if/when I attempt a Mk2.
As for the Wasp - tweezers ready and waiting. Optimiser is very high on the need to have list. The King brought home the need for better optics than just my reading glasses. The Wasp was one of the Navy's smallest operational helicopters and in 1/72 - that IS going to test me. Hopefully!! My experience working as a mechanic on them and 3 front line tours as aircrew with them will help me immensely.
Ha! - every modelmaker can see the 'glaring' errors in their last build! Just memo yourself not to do it again! Seriously, if you don't look at a finished model for a long time, when you do, you think Oh, that's Good! How did I do that???? ;)
Dave

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Ha! - every modelmaker can see the 'glaring' errors in their last build! Just memo yourself not to do it again! Seriously, if you don't look at a finished model for a long time, when you do, you think Oh, that's Good! How did I do that???? ;)
Dave

That's so true. I look at some miniatures I painted back in 2017 and I've no idea how I managed the blending in the paintwork!