Dragon 1/35 Panzer III ausf J Initial Production

D

dubster72

Well I've been busy in the paint shop! I've used Xtracolor gloss paints here, it saved having to use a gloss coat before adding the decals.

Although my camera work isn't that good, hopefully you can see the colour modulation that I've applied.

IMG_20160510_112229.jpgIMG_20160510_112153.jpgIMG_20160510_112300.jpg

The eagle eyed will notice that I bashed it & part of the front track fell off  >:sad:

D

Deleted member 4539

It's mainly the in last pic that I can see the modulation and a real good job you have done of it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice work Patrick the colour modulation worked a treat from what I can see. Pity about the track though.

J

John Rixon

Couldn't get the link to work! You'll remember it as soon as you see it! I loved building that kit, I had to buy some tamiya etch for the grilles on the side - heads up, look for etch for their Stug! These recent tamiya kits are fantastic, I'm having a break from the Diamond Wrecker, as it's so intensive - makes Dragon kits look like Lego - and my new Easy Eight is also a beautiful kit!

D

dubster72

I cut & pasted the link - I remember it now! :smiling3: good stuff

I think mine will be like the box art - but heavily weathered!

F

Fenlander

The colour modulation is there but you don't notice it, it just looks right.  This is how it should be.  Sadly some look like Manga Cartoon character illustrations.  Nicely done Patrick.  

By the way, are you really in Afghanistan?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is turning out to look great do real like your tone of

gray,and what a good job of the modulation,do real like your dust work is that done with powders,?

D

dubster72

The colour modulation is there but you don't notice it, it just looks right.  This is how it should be.  Sadly some look like Manga Cartoon character illustrations.  Nicely done Patrick.  

By the way, are you really in Afghanistan?

Thanks Graham! And thankfully no I'm not - they're supposed to be rather corrupt out there ;)

D

dubster72

this is turning out to look great do real like your tone of

gray,and what a good job of the modulation,do real like your dust work is that done with powders,?

Thanks Monica, I'm going to try & get some better photos done tomorrow. Those ones look kinda dark on my screen.

So far I've not added any weathering, apart from the sides of the lower hull & wheels. If that's what you were referring to, then it's done with my airbrush, getting in close. Tamiya paints are great for that kinda work.

First Name
Aaron
Nice work with the subtle modulation mate and lucky it's a straight piece of track.