Dragon - 1/35 - Sd.Kfz.164 Nashorn

Hello again guys.

Have been very busy for the last 8 months and finally have everything sorted and I can continue my beloved hobby.

It's been soooo loooong, I couldn't find out what to do next with amazing Nashorn but finally remind what I did and what I need to do. Anyways, I've finished the most complicated build I had so far.

Had problems with painting as I wanted to do the hair laquer method for scratches and stuff. I was crying when after applying paint the next day, it was coming off and looked like a mess. Painted again and again. Finally I've managed to make it.

There was a problem with the so called "magic tracks" made by Dragon. They not workable at all. If you assemble them without glue it falls apart If you use some glue, it's too stiff. Had to build it in sections like tracks in 1/72 scale models.

No more talking guys, hope you missed me and you like the build:smiling3:

View attachment 76436

View attachment 76437

View attachment 76438

View attachment 76439

View attachment 76440

View attachment 76441

View attachment 76442

View attachment 76443

aDSC_4195.jpg

aDSC_4197.jpg

aDSC_4198.jpg

aDSC_4199.jpg

aDSC_4200.jpg

aDSC_4202.jpg

aDSC_4203.jpg

aDSC_4205.jpg

W

Willi262

Looks great, very rusted and used looking. The interior looks especially worn, with the shell loading and whatnot...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What a masterful build Bart, top quality in every aspect, very authentic painting and detailing. Great build from me.

Si:smiling3:

A

AJay

Looks excellent and love the weathering and interior details. Top job!

First Name
Mike
Looks brilliant, love what you've done to the interior and the weathering/wear and tear on the gun breech.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superbly done,Brat just have to lov it, the wear and tear, and the over all weathering, is great,

thats the way i see things as well knock about

T

tommy1drop

Nice build and weathering, finished off lovely, great job.

Tom

P

Polux

Excellent work! The mud effect is great, and the general weathering and chipping is very well done.

Very nice!

Polux

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice Rhino (Nashorn) the finish is very well done and the weathering applied with restrained hand. The interior and especially gun breech are excellent.

Cheers

P

K

Kressy_13

As everyone has said you have done a great job mate. Beautifully finished and worn nicely. Well done.

N

noble

Mate all that effort was well worth it, what an absolute cracker. That rusty exhaust is perfect, the scratches on the interior cab and gun are beautifully done., not to mention excellent paint and weathering....... Love it.

Scott

Thanks for all the good words guys:smiling3: I'm glad that you like it. I guess the experience kicks in my builds:smiling3:

Now is the time for something with less wheels. Time for a... BIKE:smiling3: Yamaha Virago just opened. See you soon:smiling3:

V

Vajled

great work on this beauty...

I just love german TD from WW2 era

Well done

Cheers

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Bart, welcome back. And what a comeback! great job all-round. like it.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi bart , only just caught this one. Fantastic job , the chipping is perfect, cheers tony