Dragon DS tracks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

Has anybody got experiance using these tracks?

One site says they glue together with CA another normal plastic glue??

Also only use acrylic paints and they have a habit of falling to bits??

Would appreciate any help/advice

Bob

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
The DS tracks can be glued using normal adhesive - I always used Contacta, to give a little 'wriggle room'.
Before gluing them, I always washed DS ( indeed any vinyl ) tracks in warm soapy water, rinsed & allowed to dry.
Acrylics paint work well - but don't seem to be as durable as enamels, and will come off with overhandling, so use varnish oversprays to limit damage. I can't say that DS tracks fall apart - I've never had one of mine fail........
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
The DS tracks can be glued using normal adhesive - I always used Contacta, to give a little 'wriggle room'.
Before gluing them, I always washed DS ( indeed any vinyl ) tracks in warm soapy water, rinsed & allowed to dry.
Acrylics paint work well - but don't seem to be as durable as enamels, and will come off with overhandling, so use varnish oversprays to limit damage. I can't say that DS tracks fall apart - I've never had one of mine fail........
Dave

Many thanks Dave

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
They are great for strengthening your arm muscles and getting your eye in for darts each time you through one link at a time into the bin from distance..

Seriously mate I wish you all the best as I just couldn't get on with them at all. Have plenty in the spares draw if you need em. Good luck my friend

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
They are great for strengthening your arm muscles and getting your eye in for darts each time you through one link at a time into the bin from distance..

Seriously mate I wish you all the best as I just couldn't get on with them at all. Have plenty in the spares draw if you need em. Good luck my friend
Cheers Steve

Appreciate the offer, just washed the DS they look well detailed but can see them breaking with out too much effort

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I used one set of these tracks, on a Sherman. I found they were far too long (by four links, as I recall) so I had to cut a part out, then added a length of plastic strip on the underside to strengthen the join. All this glued together very well with plastic cement, though.