DUCATI SUPERLEGGERA V4

First Name
ian
Hi all purchased kit today from local ish model shop they said it had just been delivered that morning & wasn't expected to be in the shop for long so I made a snap decision and decided to buy it, the other piece of information they gave me was they have never had this kit before so they think its a new release kit so does anyone else have one of these kits & when were they released oh if anyone has done one how was the build I mean I know tamiya kits always go together well in general but was it difficult to do etc. anyway any info on this kit would be greatly appreciated .

Attachments

• D80ADAB1-1698-4E30-A25F-755E82299915_4_5005_c.jpeg
    D80ADAB1-1698-4E30-A25F-755E82299915_4_5005_c.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Literally just ordered the kit and the correct paint. It's only arrived in the UK in the last few days. Looking forward to seeing you build it before me so I know of any pitfalls. :smiling5:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I wouldn’t worry about assembly Ian. Usually the newer a kit is the better it fits, and that’s as true for Tamiya as for anyone else.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The real challenge will be representing the carbon wheels, frame and swing arm. I doubt there will be any production CF decals for a while so will be a case of using carbon decal sheet and DIY'ing. Should be fun, especially the wheels.

First Name
ian
Hi all thanks for your replys I only purchased it as the owner of the model shop had just got it in that morning and said what about this I loved the look of it really different from other Ducati models in the past you wouldn’t be mistaken to think that Aprillia had a hand in its design as it’s very resemblance of their models of race bikes and both Italian manufacturers, as for other people looking to me to see how the build goes well don’t hold on to that thought things have taken a significant turn for the worst, I didn’t join this forum to come on here to moan about my medical woes but that being said having terminal cancer does affect ones life and what your able to do with it significantly and since I had a major operation on the 28th July 2022 I carnt seem to recover from it at all , I have made not too much progress with the Suzuki hyabussa I am currently working on I just don’t have the enthusiasm for it at the moment because I feel so terribly poorly. I am left wondering if I am in fact in the final stages of my cancer and from here I will eventually end up at my local hospice where I have chosen to spend my last few weeks of life amongst friends ( the nursing staff) & family but the hospital in London who are my primary carers insist I will get through this stage off illness without examining me fully and going off CT scans done locally & blood tests but still leave me bed ridden for days or weeks on end in unimaginable pain only controlled by my brilliant Palletive care doctor but because of this government having apparently a fall out with phiser who supply a lot of the medication I take including the oxycodone which is a very powerful opioid along with ketamine that keeps the pain down to a level I can cope with, but no one seems to be taking any action to find out why I feel so poorly to assertain wether it’s just my body trying to adjust to me having a stoma which is what the operation was mainly for as I was going to the loo 25-30 times a day previously so a stoma should give me a real chance of having a normal life & the cancer itself is stable as a whole but I just carnt get well and this has been going on since 28th July this year. All I want is to get back to how I felt before the operation minus the loo visits and with the stoma it should give me a better chance of a more normal life including doing plastic model kit building which if I tooj out the way I feel medically then I do get excited at the prospect of doing what kits I already have purchased and hopefully get better at doing them as my skill set increases, so sorry to be such a party pooper but without a detailed explanation everyone reading my posts won’t fully understand what is going off , but yes I have the Ducati kit but as far as starting it well who knows when or if I will get the chance, when I purchased it I was starting to feel better but again within a few days after that I took a downward spiral medically speaking. To be honest I do feel like I am actually dying but that could of course be down to being so depressed at the situation I am in and maybe it is just a blip and maybe this time it’s going to take a lot longer to recover from this operation than before but maybe I will recover to have as near a normal life as possible until the time the cancer really does get to the point where it takes my life and that all the experts cannot say when because I have a incredibly rare cancer that is slow growing called neuroendocrine cancer I won’t go into where it is in my body but it’s everywhere but according to my consultant it’s stable I just need a break to recover from this operation then I can get on with normal stuff like visiting my family especially my children & grandchildren and of course doing some modelling and if the said model comes out really nice the satisfaction of doing that myself, anyway please feel free to ask me any questions as nothing to me anyway is too personal I will answer any questions people put to me so don’t be afraid of upse me I am long past that now and I will try and take some photos of my builds where I can and tell you if I came across any difficulties etc, and thank you to everyone who replies to my posts giving me support and answering any questions I have it is to me invaluable as I carnt get out to any shows or things like that or to model shops very often to try and get information from them, when I purchased the Ducati I intended to be at the shop for about an hour to do exactly that ask questions and gleen some information from them but I got that poorly when I got out of the car I was there less than 5 minutes I apologised to them purchased the kit and left which infuriated me as I was looking forward to spending some time there , anyway thank you again and I look forward to seeing all of your kit builds on this forum as I do enjoy reading the posts oh my next purchase if I ever get around to getting another kit will be the Tamiya cb750f in 1/6 scale which looks superb and really excites me looking at the kit but I will have to save my pennies for that one maybe Santa will drop it in my Christmas stocking if I am a good boy lol until the next time everyone take care and enjoy your building ❤️

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Yep brand new, bought one Friday with the paints for the 1199, im sure Bowcat is responcable for this!!! But couldn't resist it.
simon