Dug in Deep Dio

First Name
Charles
I was a bit bored and decided to put this old run down scratch built MK48 LVS into a Dio setting. As most of you military folks know, scenerio like these were common during the Iraq war and even today, if I'm not mistaken. Just wanted to do something to get my hands dirty. :smiling3: Had no figures on hand to add to this. So here it is:

View attachment 28087

View attachment 28088

View attachment 28089

View attachment 28090

View attachment 28091

View attachment 28092

View attachment 28093

View attachment 28094

View attachment 28095

View attachment 28096

View attachment 28097

View attachment 28098

dug_deep_dio10.jpg

dug_deep_dio8.jpg

dug_deep_dio14.jpg

dug_deep_dio11.jpg

dug_deep_dio12.jpg

dug_deep_dio.jpg

dug_deep_dio3.jpg

dug_deep_dio2.jpg

dug_deep_dio7.jpg

dug_deep_dio13.jpg

dug_deep_dio4.jpg

dug_deep_dio5.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
On a par with your 'Junk yard' dio.....masterful!

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brilliant Charles, great looking diorama - very authentic looking!

Paul

5* from me

G

Gomer Pyle

Wow! one more of these super-cool dio's - you are truly gifted. Although I won't believe for a second that a perfectly dry issue of Playboy will left alone so close to an obvious "point-of-interest" for scavenging Iraqi kids ;)

/Daniel

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Wow! one more of these super-cool dio's - you are truly gifted. Although I won't believe for a second that a perfectly dry issue of Playboy will left alone so close to an obvious "point-of-interest" for scavenging Iraqi kids ;)/Daniel
Ha Ha...I hope not. :smiling3: Thanks for the compliment guys. They were a treat to build.

F

Fenlander

You have certainly mastered this genre of modelling, takes some courage to build a model as a wreck (no Dave, I don't intend mine to be wrecks, it is just the way they turn out thank you...) Superb work again Charles and very inspirational.

R

Richy C

once again fantastic work Charles , I`m in the planning stages of my own Iraqi dio and if it comes out half as good your 1st class builds I will be a happy man

Richy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Some thing tells me you have done this befor!!

Excellent work. You said that the truck was scratch built. Do you have a photo of it before you planted it in the dio? Would love to see it if you have.

Allready maxed out on the stars so you will have to settle for a jätte bra! Gratis!!

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Five stars again, this is great. I can't stop looking at it.

Have fun, John

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Some thing tells me you have done this befor!!Excellent work. You said that the truck was scratch built. Do you have a photo of it before you planted it in the dio? Would love to see it if you have.

Allready maxed out on the stars so you will have to settle for a jätte bra! Gratis!!

Ian M
Ha Ha...Yes Ian. I've built the truck before. Here are the pic of it. It is scratch built, using the Italeri chassis as the starting point. You can see the engine bay is behind the container:

View attachment 28147

View attachment 28148

View attachment 28149

View attachment 28150

View attachment 28151

View attachment 28152

m1075.jpg

m1075d.jpg

m1075pls.jpg

m1074pls3.jpg

m1075pls2.jpg

m1075c.jpg

G

Gomer Pyle

Aha! That's were I've seen it before - the vinegar-rust tutorial! I still have an ambition to try out that technique on day.

/Daniel

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Aha! That's were I've seen it before - the vinegar-rust tutorial! I still have an ambition to try out that technique on day./Daniel
Yep. That's the one. :smiling3: