Early Scimitar.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Looking good Mike. The roughness of the primer coat is strange. Do you think something has settled on the wet paint or is it bits in the paint itself? I don't think the current high temperature makes airbrushing easy.
Hello Jim,
I have a scrap hull in the shed, I will clean it up and test the primer tomorrow, as this is the first suspect. I sprayed the Warrior parts in the same location and they turned out ok. Next suspect will be the Scale Model Shop CARC green - but we shall see who the guilty party is.
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Looking great ,shame all the hard graft has disappeared but it still looks something special love the netting. Dave
Cheers Dave, the netting is from Fields of Glory Models in the UK, and you can get it in white or brown - mine was dyed in a brown acrylic wash - looked a bit silly hanging it on the washing line though.... :worried:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've taken to spacing it out - S M S - or the forum changes it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It happens because John is (probably) abusing the forum’s message censoring system to automatically insert link to things he sells :smiling3:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
It happens because John is (probably) abusing the forum’s message censoring system to automatically insert link to things he sells :smiling3:
Never a man to miss an opportunity - go John!!!
Is it alright to call him a man in todays political woke climate, I have lost all touch....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Jim,
Got the airbrush out yesterday and sprayed a coat of the AK 3rd Gen black primer - result all good.
The tried the S M S CARC Green with the same result.
So can only think it was the airbrush, so that was stripped down and given a bath in lacquer thinner (Mr 400 or whatever it is called) and there was some acrylic residue removed that had not been gotten rid of during the usual finished airbrushing clean up.
But during that clean up I have decided that in future I will be using lacquer paints for the main work and Acrylic for detail work as the outside model room (shed) now has a heater (greenhouse) and electric for our mild winter(s). So no need to spray in the house.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Well that is this build finished, just got to sort out the base and possibly add a bit more stowage...
Many thanks for looking in and the comments.
20230906_122348_HDR.jpg
Lights now visible
20230906_122616_HDR.jpg
And at the rear...
20230906_151548_HDR.jpg
20230906_151559_HDR.jpg
20230906_151641_HDR.jpg
20230906_151653_HDR.jpg
20230906_151714_HDR.jpg
Still got some 'pimples' on the job, and the track pads will be painted in a suitable colour to match the base, no antennae fitted untill it is on the base.
Overall not a bad kit to build and enhanced with the aftremarket items from Scorpion and Fruil it made a change from the soob offering.
Cheers
Mike

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is very nice indeed Mike. It has your usual "excellent details" look about it.
I am also moving over to lacquers for airbrushing and Vallejo Model Color for brush work. Over the years I have fallen for the hype of every new paint on the market :rolling: Result is I haven't really mastered any of them and I have more bottles of different thinners than a well stocked model shop :thinking: