Elf and safety…..28mm North Star Oathmark Elven Archers

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all
just off the production line are these Elven archers. High quality chaps, so I gave them much more uniformity than I usually do.
Not my best work. I seem to have developed a slight hand tremor which makes the finest work a little difficult. Hopefully it’s just the steroids and it will go off……I also didn’t get much contrast into the blues :sad:
Anyway, they are good enough for gaming…..
all paint by Vallejo except the brass which was Darkstar. The flag is by Little Big Men Studios. Base by me, it’s simple flock and pond gravel if you are interested……
View attachment 467876
View attachment 467877
View attachment 467878

And, as always, here’s the calibration shot……
View attachment 467879
I feel the vibes on these Tim...I envy the consistent detailing even with tremors. I can't even keep my concentration on even one.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All the "lads" look the part Tim. I can totally understand about the fine work probs.....been taking Propranolol to keep me "quivers" under control. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I feel the vibes on these Tim...I envy the consistent detailing even with tremors. I can't even keep my concentration on even one.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Not an issue really…..painting is painting. Holding the brush pretty much shuts out the world. It’s a great form of mindfulness, and after all, it’s just that some of the lines are thinner and some are thicker ;) I only ever do about an hour at a time anyway, so boredom doesn’t really bite.
To be honest, I use the edge of the brush more than the point. Even the white trimming was done that way, so the tremors don’t impact that much. Unless of course I’m doing eyes or freehand stuff…..so these guys didn’t really get any of that.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
All the "lads" look the part Tim. I can totally understand about the fine work probs.....been taking Propranolol to keep me "quivers" under control. ;)
Cheers Rick, nice of you to look in……
I took Propranolol for a while when I was getting a lot of migraines. Helped break the cycle. Just be aware that you can’t come straight off them. You must drop them gradually. Nobody told me, so when I thought I didn’t need them I just didn’t renew the script and just stopped. I then wondered why my heart was galloping like a demon and my BP was up and down like a fiddlers elbow! GP gave me a right rollicking…….I even think Matron was mentioned at one point :tears-of-joy:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Love that colour scheme Tim, really makes them a standout unit. Back in the day the Elf army was my main tournament one, happy days

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Love that colour scheme Tim, really makes them a standout unit. Back in the day the Elf army was my main tournament one, happy days
Cheers Mick. Never been a tournament player myself, glad you had fun playing them though. I’ve still got two thirds of the box to do…..might do the rangers I’m planning in Autumn colours for a bit of variation…..