ESCI 1/35 M60 - A1 Blazer..."RPG, 10 o'clock.....Get it!" Lebanon 1982

D

Deleted member 3568

Amazing Ron, us slithy toves will just have to gyre and gimble in the wabe 

We have no hope of reaching the pinnacle of prodigious perfection portrayed by yourself 

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
 Ron, us slithy toves will just have to gyre and gimble in the wabe 

Ken, I do love it when you talk dirty!!

Steve, thanks for your positive input to.

Cheers,

Ron

0ne48thtel

This is looking great Ron the pavement damage looks the dogs do dahs.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Ron,real do like the damage,and just the use of washers, :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
One of the times when the pebble-like structure of the polystyrene really adds to the likeness. Pity I don't have that type of polystyrene - it means I don't have the balls to do stuff like this!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Terry. I'm well happy you like the pavement damage.

Glad you like the build so far, Ian.

Cheers Monica. Sometimes simple is best.....

Very funny and well spotted Dave, they do add to it don't they? It was sheer luck I came across this effect when I did that mill dio. a while back. I remember I had to hack a chunk of poly away, and there it was!

Here's that very same bit......

The Old Mill 054.jpg

Thanks again for taking the time to post, folks. It's really appreciated.

Ron

B

Builder

Superb work all round, I am beginning to develop a picture now, probably a great story at the end of this build. 

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Bob. Unlike my previous stuff, there won't be a story at the end.....At least I don't think so. Who knows? ;)

It's hurtling it down outside, so this morning I sat in front of the build and decided the row of buildings looked a wee bit 'samey'.

So I put my thumb on the end one and pushed it in until it all cracked up. I then stitched it together with some re-bars and painted it. I think it has improved the overall look......I hope so, 'cos I sure as hell can't re-build it!

This sort of thing is what I love about building dioramas - getting fresh ideas, no matter how radical. 

A bit more 'weathering' is to be added, but here is the alteration.

P1160352.JPG

P1160353.JPG

P1160356.JPG

It's getting there, and I don't think any more major damage is needed, so nearly time to start adding rubble etc.

I hope you approve of this drastic alteration.

Cheers all,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Spectacular rubble & ruins! :x

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers, Gavin.

A bucket full of rubble at the ready!........and other things.

0ne48thtel

Cheers Bob. Unlike my previous stuff, there won't be a story at the end.....At least I don't think so. Who knows? ;)

It's hurtling it down outside, so this morning I sat in front of the build and decided the row of buildings looked a wee bit 'samey'.

So I put my thumb on the end one and pushed it in until it all cracked up. I then stitched it together with some re-bars and painted it. I think it has improved the overall look......I hope so, 'cos I sure as hell can't re-build it!

This sort of thing is what I love about building dioramas - getting fresh ideas, no matter how radical. 

View attachment 266239

View attachment 266240

View attachment 266241

It's getting there, and I don't think any more major damage is needed, so nearly time to start adding rubble etc.

Cheers all,

Ron

View attachment 266239

View attachment 266240

View attachment 266241

Cheers all,

Ron

Top work Ron I have to agree it does look better with the end building looking a bit worse for wear.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real well done,Ron,looks great,and what a great idea as well,liking this more each time, :D

First Name
Stuart
This looks amazing the damage on the building is so well done I really like this build so far,you are very talented Ron nice job 

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Terry, Monica, Stuart and Steve for your posts.

Stuart and Steve.  All the members are talented, just look at all the great stuff on show......

Thanks for the compliment though.  :smiling3:

Another update. I've started to add the rubble and other stuff. This is made up of all sorts of bits and bobs I have swept up and saved. I just brushed plenty of PVA on the thing and tipped the 'mixture' onto the sticky surface.  

A bit of bent sheeting, a flattened door, general rubbish and some telegraph poles and wire. The poles are BBQ skewers and the wires are from sewing cotton.

P1160358.JPG

A collapsed wooden floor etc.

P1160359.JPG

It's starting to get close to the look I am after.

P1160365.JPG

I've made a small corrugated sheet fence at one end. Made from cooking foil and coffee stirrers.

P1160367.JPG

I hope you like these add-ons which wander into my skull, as and when they choose.

Cheers,

Ron

D

Deleted member 3568

I don't know how you do it Ron, it's incredible work as always.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is mighty fine rubble,you have there,do like the looks of it,and can be tricky as well to get right,looks good,

well done with the fence,I like it, :smiling3: