ex Military Modelling members

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad9826

as a non MM member im finding this thread an interesting read

you wont find any rivet counting going on here unless you specifically ask for it in 'critique corner'......and personally im allergic to rivet counters

you will find SM simply a place for people who want to build models for the enjoyment of it......dosnt matter what your skill level is, as long as you have fun thats the important thing......theres always someone to help or advise, never put down or humiliate.......i aint the greatest modeller in the world, after all these years i still learn something new with every kit i do, but i do it for me, not any one else

i hope a lot of you stay and integrate with us, and become established members and enjoy your time here
Here here , thank you :thumb2::thumb2:

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. Another bedraggled survivor from the wreck of the HMS Milmod dragging himself aboard. Good to see so many friendly faces! I've been having a bit of a break but hope to be back to the bench again soon.

All the best,

Windy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have to agree with the sentiments on here. I have posted on ML and do look in now and then but this is the site for me. A great bunch of people both old and new with a great range of skill s and interests but most of all the banter and not an out of place rivet anywhere.

Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
It is the people who post who make any forum what it is. MilMod was inclusive, welcoming and friendly. It was a place where the comments were polite and constructive. The moderators also were on the ball. The SM forum has the same feel about it. I now have almost all of my old friends here as well as new ones. Even if MilMod was to continue in some form or another why would I go back? Everything I want is here. The name at the top of the page means nothing - who cares if it says Military Modelling or Scale-Models.
Right off to do some more on my 1/48 cockpit - my admiration for those who regularly build these things grows with every tiny piece I try to fix in place! :rolling:
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hey Windy, glad you rocked up. I always like you Napoleonic stuff.....
Cheers
Tim

First Name
Andrew
I've just managed to log on - 8.00am London. Simon H said on FB last night that it was looking too complicated to keep it going :sad:
Andy B

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all
It is the people who post who make any forum what it is. MilMod was inclusive, welcoming and friendly. It was a place where the comments were polite and constructive. The moderators also were on the ball. The SM forum has the same feel about it. I now have almost all of my old friends here as well as new ones. Even if MilMod was to continue in some form or another why would I go back? Everything I want is here. The name at the top of the page means nothing - who cares if it says Military Modelling or Scale-Models.
Right off to do some more on my 1/48 cockpit - my admiration for those who regularly build these things grows with every tiny piece I try to fix in place! :rolling:
Jim

Sir .
In regard to your latest communication I agree entirely with your sentiments .
Regards
J Race
Founder of the Untidy Bench Club .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just logged on this morning, still seems to be working. Bit strange, really short notice then no closure....sums up the fiasco really....
Cheers
Tim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,

I still am able to get into the MM site and also log on. The latest posting section is missing but you can still go into the forum or your own posts...maybe they haven't cut the cables to Asia. :tears-of-joy:

Beside buying MM magazines when an issue turns up at the newstand, I also have purchased MMI, MAI, TM when the articles look interesting. They're not bad and feature top notch builds but the finishes tend to be repetitive as everyone seems to mirror the latest style of weathering from AK or MIG. Individuality is sometimes lost. Feature articles are good but no emphasis on figures...a bust or two maybe. They do however feature releases on unpainted figures, resin or plastic mostly 1/35.

So if you are continuing with your subscribtion you may have to decide on whether its MMI, MAI or TM. The first two are specific where else TM is a mix but leans toward Tamiya stuff.

As to whether I'll go back, its just to retrieve what I need while it's still up or check if any new modeler needs help and manages to post a question. I can't do another migration...I'm a one woman man.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I have managed to post a couple of times this morning. Just really following on from your post Andy. As Tim says - fiasco. Shows how little the decision makers care.
Jim

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
i would suggest that it was a ''finance department'' decision to shut down the website , with $$$$ people not realising that many companies may hold them to advertising contracts.
It also now looks to me that someone is tidying up the non-important bits , and slimlining the website , they may be going to make a archived/read only version, it's something i have been working on slowly and have approx 50% ( i hope ) sorted for personal use.

D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry to bring up this thread again, but I had a thought earlier that surely My Time Media actually own the Mil Mod website and it's contents. Theirs to do with what they will....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
quote from their terms and conditions:

3.1 CONTENT SUBMITTED TO READER GALLERIES AND PORTFOLIOS

By posting your photographs on the Gallery section of this Website you grant MyTimeMedia an irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, worldwide license allowing MyTimeMedia to display your work on this Website. My MyTimeMedia undertakes not to publish your images outside of this Website without obtaining your permission first.

They therefore cannot use the photos outside of the website they say they are shutting down.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
quote from their terms and conditions:

3.1 CONTENT SUBMITTED TO READER GALLERIES AND PORTFOLIOS

By posting your photographs on the Gallery section of this Website you grant MyTimeMedia an irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, worldwide license allowing MyTimeMedia to display your work on this Website. My MyTimeMedia undertakes not to publish your images outside of this Website without obtaining your permission first.

They therefore cannot use the photos outside of the website they say they are shutting down.

Good !! Thanks Gary .
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Many of you experienced the nightmare of writing a great blog and then accidentally pressing the wrong key and loosing all your work when we were on the MM forum. I did that today on this site and I pressed to go back and the whole lot had been saved as a draft! I was so pleased. Also the spell checker is wonderful. We just need a few more emoji's and this website will be perfect:smiling:

Steve

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
i would suggest that it was a ''finance department'' decision to shut down the website , with $$$$ people not realising that many companies may hold them to advertising contracts.
It also now looks to me that someone is tidying up the non-important bits , and slimlining the website , they may be going to make a archived/read only version, it's something i have been working on slowly and have approx 50% ( i hope ) sorted for personal use.

I thnk it is. Pretty poor that the website has no mention of the mag and we site closing down. Anybody who is not a subscriber and did not visit the site in the last week many not know what has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.