executor scratch build

B

baz

Hi Every one,

well the force has awoken and has been busy with me getting another model scratc build out into the big galaxy, here is my latest the executor about 32 inches long not as big as my normal models but not bad. Adding all the tiny bits nearly drove me back to sanity but I am still crazy thank goodness.

please let me know what you think as I do appreciate all the comments as they help me to improve I hope.

regards Barrie ( the old force guy )

DSCF6150.jpg

DSCF5963.jpg

DSCF5962.jpg

DSCF6157.jpg

DSCF6161.jpg

DSCF6167.jpg

DSCF6165.jpg

DSCF6032.jpg

DSCF5896.jpg

DSCF5565.jpg

DSCF5904.jpg

DSCF5883.jpg

DSCF5975.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another masterpiece Barrie, that looks amazing, top work.

B

baz

\ said:
Another masterpiece Barrie, that looks amazing, top work.
thank you very much for your good comments Mr eddisolo nice name by the way I see what you have done you must also be a star wars fanatic like me.

regards Barrie ( the old awake guy )

First Name
Jason
:eek:That's very impressive Barrie! How long does something like that take?

B

baz

Hi Guys, and thank you one and all for the positive comments, it does inspire me to get out more plastic sheet and go mad. as for how long does it take me, that model was built in less than 3 weeks, I am retired, or as my partner carol says at times retarded not retired. Do not get me wrong I do not model all day, I work in maybe two hour bursts and try to get as much done as I can in that time, planning does help, after finishing for the day I am planning in my head which bits are next needed so that the following day I know where to pick up. I guess if I sat down for 8 hours Monday to Friday I could build two or three models a week but that would spoil the fun and seem like going back to work.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

B

baz

hi guys,

I thought I had better let you know that the Executor is NO LONGER ON display at TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON it has been bought by a private collector ....there will hopefully be another model hanging up soon to take its place.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

First Name
barry
Great work Barrie dont you just love scratchbuilding i think there is nothing like building a model from bits of plastic card and stuff.

Bazer( also a old guy) :smiling3: .

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Your scratch-builds are amazing. You should be in the movie miniature business. The details and amount of work you put in these things is mind boggling.

B

baz

thank you both Barry and Brett,

I lost my way in life I guess, when I was young my dad said get a TRADE and you will never be out of work, he was now many years later I have never been unemployed working as a mechanic but maybe I should have followed my hobby who knows what might have happened. No matter I have had a good time and now being retired or retarded as my partner Carol puts it I can enjoy building and sharing my models.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) by the way us old model guys have to stick together sorry about the pun.

ps hers is one I made earlier

DSCF0409.jpg