F.2 Lion Aggressor

0ne48thtel

As I have been signed off for a week after surgery I have decided to build this kit. It is an old one from Esci that I recieved at Xmas. It will be a quick build so I wont be doing anything other than throwing it together. For a bit of fun I might even try and get it done in three days

View attachment 81356

View attachment 81357

016.JPG

017.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Terry Looking forward to seeing this done in three days

I hope the op was nothing major and as gone well

First Name
Dave
Hope your op went well Terry.Look forward to seeing your 'Kfir' progress.

0ne48thtel

It went as planned Dave thanks got another round of the same next month. There isn't much to this kit so three days should be an easy target.

0ne48thtel

one of the first problems I can see is I am having trouble matching one of the top side colours. The instructions say 47 sea blue I have the equivalent in Revell wich is Lufthansa blue but having stirred he pot up it seems way to dark. i AM JUST WONDERING IF I will need to tone it down with some grey. Ant suggestions will be greatfully recieved.

0ne48thtel

Okay so day 2 of this build hasn't quite gone to plan but that is all part of this hobby:smiling3:. The body is all sewn up and the wings are on. There was an issue with wing root gap but I have over come part of that by installing a piece of styrene tubing that has pushed the body outwards a little. I also popped a bit in to the rear of the wings as they didn't meet where they should. Before tea tonight I will use Vallejo plastic putty to fill any gaps. Then afterwards I will start priming. Providing there is no real issues that come to light I might get around to putting the first top coat on. around the nse is going to need a little work but hopefully not to much.

View attachment 81402

View attachment 81403

View attachment 81404

View attachment 81405

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

011.JPG

0ne48thtel

I only intended it to be a quick build Dave but as I said on the post earlier I am tempted to redo some of the build.

As I really like the colour scheme the kit it's self isn't the best that said I am sure I could do something with the problem areas.

1275GT

That's a really nice scheme....what did you do with the blue in the end?

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys, Neil I went for 3 shades of grey in the end that was after looking at some pictures of the real thing. There were quite a few defferent schemes used so my variation wouldn't look out of place.

0ne48thtel

I decided today not to be such a tight wad and went to the LMS and got the proper colours. once I have reworked some of the build areas later on I will prime and repaint the scheme. As much as I like the scheme I had done the proper one will be better.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I decided today not to be such a tight wad and went to the LMS and got the proper colours. once I have reworked some of the build areas later on I will prime and repaint the scheme. As much as I like the scheme I had done the proper one will be better.
My re painting bug must be catching!.Look forward to seeing the finished paint job.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
My re painting bug must be catching!.Look forward to seeing the finished paint job.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes Dave, your paint bug is catching. Look forward to seeing the repainted F-2 soon Terry