F1 Hover Race Car

First Name
Charles
Here is a What-if model I have been working on for a while. Still not completely done but wanted to basically test out a homebuilt light box I built. So here are some shots of how it turned out after several editing in Infranview photo editor. Still not perfect but better than anything I have done. Again, the inspiration for this model was put into reality after seeing Igor Sobolevsky wonderful 3D art station work called 'Axiom Racing'. His 3d version is to 'die for'. Still need some touch ups in some areas and needs a stand, on a wooden base, when done.

Hope you all like this build.

------------------------------------------

View attachment 117624

View attachment 117625

View attachment 117626

View attachment 117627

View attachment 117628

View attachment 117629

View attachment 117630

f1_hover_racer1a_zpskgphvm0o.jpg

f1_hover_racer6_zpsftzzkal6.jpg

f1_hover_racer7_zpsxfapxqz5.jpg

f1_hover_racer4_zpsnvpa59mi.jpg

f1_hover_racer3_zpsbvffuasg.jpg

f1_hover_racer2_zpsz3byklrm.jpg

f1_hover_racer_wip_seat_zpsiu08vjsy.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A similar fully scratchbuilt model won IPMS telford a few years ago now in the scratchbuilt. It was also voted for many other awards as it literally was scratchbuilt

Forgot the chap's name, but he was a superb builder.

You should enter yours and see how you fare. Judges like exotic subjects like that

John

P

Polux

No comments.....

Very cool :D

I like your new modeling wave, Charles!! You change the trucks for the Sci-Fi items

First Name
Charles
\ said:
No comments.....
Very cool :D

I like your new modeling wave, Charles!! You change the trucks for the Sci-Fi items
Thanks buddy. But not to worry because I have truck and 1/35 military trucks and other goodies projects on the way that need my attention. I just wanted to try something different.

D

dougie

I love it, that's great fun. Great building, pretty inspirational.

Only critique I could add, if you had a thicker clear over the top before weathering, micromeshed it to 10000 or 12000 and left it with the swirl marks no polishing then weathered it, it would really look like it used to have a a top finish that was neglected.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Charles...since ive been on this site and seeing your work...you never cease to amaze me with what you can produce, you disappear for ages and then come back with an amazing creation

Nothing short of a professional craftsman, top marks mate

Lee :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
\ said:
I love it, that's great fun. Great building, pretty inspirational.
Only critique I could add, if you had a thicker clear over the top before weathering, micromeshed it to 10000 or 12000 and left it with the swirl marks no polishing then weathered it, it would really look like it used to have a a top finish that was neglected.
Ok. Thanks for that.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Charles...since ive been on this site and seeing your work...you never cease to amaze me with what you can produce, you disappear for ages and then come back with an amazing creation
Nothing short of a professional craftsman, top marks mate

Lee :smiling3:
Kind of you to say Lee. My dissappearence is due to work and family time.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a cracking job Charles........ A fabulous idea, superbly executed. I like it a lot.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
What is next? Something similar (as in a kit bash) or an oob?
This build is not 100% done. Still adding details to it. I plan on one more hovercraft and a big spaceship. But in the main time I want to build my 1/35 Russian heavy hauler with a huge forklift as load.