Ferrari F10 - Revell

S

Sauber

Revell Ferrari F10 (2010)

Right. How to describe this... This was bought for me as a birthday present last September (right after I swore not to build another F1 Car due to the stressfulness to make) and, after a small amount of work on it and after almost ruining the front wing, I gave up, lost my confidence in modelling and sulked. It remained like that for the last 10 months, during which a few parts such as exhausts and pushrods disappeared. Still, looking at it last week, I thought it might be worth rescuing...and it looks like I might have been right.

On display...finally.

The cockpit details actually remains one of my best bits of painting

Not too bad from the top

Rear wing is a bit ropey but it will do.

Overall actually quite successful...although please, don't let anyone buy me another F1 car kit for my Birthday...I may have to strangle them...

C

Cooperman69

Well done Benji, nice looking model you've finished there.

I can absolutely relate to you about the stess of an F1 car, been making Revells MP4-25 for the past 4 months. Well I was until an accident with the extra thin cement when it was 90% done!!

Back on the Spitfire now.

Atb, Colin.

S

Sauber

Thanks. Losing a model like that is always tough. A while back I was nearing completion on a late Spitfire before ruining the canopy with glue. In fact, this Ferrari nearly had it's moment...I had left the rear wing until last, and just before putting it all together (after already applying most of the front decals...for some reason) I managed to drop the left Rear endplate in a blob of glue that had somehow been spilt on the table. I turned it over and left it for an hour, praying it would look ok...I think it just about gets away with it...

Now going to cure myself from F1 stress with a nice Tamiya Group C car...I understand them.

C

CDW

nice job.... looks the part, the little niggles aren't noticeable.

B

barryf1fan

Wow, if that turned out "ropey" I would like to see what a kit looks like that you didn't have any issues with! LOL!!

Looks great, you may have inspired me to pull my McLaren and Jordan out to finish them...

Thanks for posting that (albeit a long time ago now, I'm new, er, I'm n00b)