Fill ins

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
As you know when I'm stuck waiting on a build I like to paint up single miniatures to keep my hand in. These normally end up stuck on other posts so I'm starting this thread so I can keep adding to it. The only problem is the figure category but as most are sci fi it will sit here.
First up are a couple of old pics. The Perry miniatures Union Cavalry and the battle droid and Imperial Stormtrooper. There is a new figure which I will put the description with it.
mn 3.jpgmn 2.jpg

Next up is an Imperial Remnant Trooper. I first saw these figures on a painters site I follow and found a company over here who do their own 3D printed figures. they appeared in the concept art for the mandalorian series as a sort of what if troop. after the fall of the empire these troops wear a mix of Imperial uniform and are a sort of mercenary? Here's my first one and they are really nice to paint. You can see the mix of uniform as he has part stormtrooper armour and the plain grey cloth uniform worn by At-At crews etc. I have another couple of these in different poses and different variations of the armour.
mn1.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As you know when I'm stuck waiting on a build I like to paint up single miniatures to keep my hand in. These normally end up stuck on other posts so I'm starting this thread so I can keep adding to it. The only problem is the figure category but as most are sci fi it will sit here.
First up are a couple of old pics. The Perry miniatures Union Cavalry and the battle droid and Imperial Stormtrooper. There is a new figure which I will put the description with it.
View attachment 488318View attachment 488320

Next up is an Imperial Remnant Trooper. I first saw these figures on a painters site I follow and found a company over here who do their own 3D printed figures. they appeared in the concept art for the mandalorian series as a sort of what if troop. after the fall of the empire these troops wear a mix of Imperial uniform and are a sort of mercenary? Here's my first one and they are really nice to paint. You can see the mix of uniform as he has part stormtrooper armour and the plain grey cloth uniform worn by At-At crews etc. I have another couple of these in different poses and different variations of the armour.
View attachment 488319
Blimey he looks very cool indeed mate... Superb stuff :cool:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent job on the remnant trooper. Very nice sculpt as well. Could well be used in some sort of post apocalyptic revenge of the nerds type scenario as well……

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I really like that Imperial Remnant Trooper. It looks like a superb 3D print.
Thank you Jim, they are really nice models and I'm looking forward to doing the others
Blimey he looks very cool indeed mate... Superb stuff :cool:
many thanks Andy, grungy but cool
Excellent job on the remnant trooper. Very nice sculpt as well. Could well be used in some sort of post apocalyptic revenge of the nerds type scenario as well……
Thanks Tim, I totally agree, the different models they do make up into some very interesting looking units

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So who does those Remnant Troopers and what scale are they? They look excellent - as do all your other 'fill in' figures!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Your figures look great Mick. The painting is well done. The calvary is neatly done and the 3D printed figure...cool. Great time filler.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Wabble

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
So who does those Remnant Troopers and what scale are they? They look excellent - as do all your other 'fill in' figures!
Thanks Dave. They are approx 28mm give or take a millimetre and if you search on that well known auction site for 3d-argent that's where I got them from
Your figures look great Mick. The painting is well done. The calvary is neatly done and the 3D printed figure...cool. Great time filler.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Wabble
Thank you Richard

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've had a look at those Remnant Troopers. They're beautifully moulded but I couldn't do them justice with my limited painting skills so I can't justify paying that much for the simple dio I have in mind. I have found some other 28mm Sci Fi trooper figures for about a quarter of the price. Not such good quality of course but they'll do for me.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I've had a look at those Remnant Troopers. They're beautifully moulded but I couldn't do them justice with my limited painting skills so I can't justify paying that much for the simple dio I have in mind. I have found some other 28mm Sci Fi trooper figures for about a quarter of the price. Not such good quality of course but they'll do for me.
Have a look at the Stargrave stuff from Northstar Dave. A box or two of those would probably keep you going for months at a time…..most of my little blokes are from the same manufacturers Frostgrave range.

Find them here

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Have a look at the Stargrave stuff from Northstar Dave. A box or two of those would probably keep you going for months at a time…..most of my little blokes are from the same manufacturers Frostgrave range.

Find them here

Thanks Tim. It'll take me a while to go through that little lot!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick

Find them here
They do some really nice figures

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Had a quick look but could only find boxart pictures. It would be nice to see the actual sprues or completed figures.
Click on the box picture Dave, it then shows them both painted and unpainted, along with sprue shots. It does for me, anyway.

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Click on the box picture Dave, it then shows them both painted and unpainted, along with sprue shots. It does for me, anyway.

Tried clicking on both the thumbnail images and the larger pictures. Neither of them show me anything other than the boxart. I'll try the website direct rather than using your link Tim and see if that works.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Still no joy getting sprue pictures. I noticed their ads say they're metal figures. Is that true for all their sets? If so, that's no good for me as I hate metal figures. Yes, I know you can get excellent results with them, but I just dont feel comfortable using them.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Still no joy getting sprue pictures. I noticed their ads say they're metal figures. Is that true for all their sets? If so, that's no good for me as I hate metal figures. Yes, I know you can get excellent results with them, but I just dont feel comfortable using them.
Ah, no. There are at least five boxes of plastics in the Stargrave ranges. I’ll post some images for you…..

Crew I pack..
B4EA3B37-6605-45F3-9C1D-40FD228EFBBE.jpeg
93C6378C-EF66-4D0E-9DC4-64C9F8F1541C.jpeg
7BF3D384-D5A8-4231-AE48-A1AF00232AC8.png

Mercenaries
D9C5CFA3-A3A0-4C52-921F-B997C0BA737C.jpeg
7B3AABF9-3F63-4565-A432-511A0F2881B3.jpeg
04535BBD-58AC-4C23-A808-2A358517AE06.png

Scavengers
AD5E301E-1145-47C7-BB9C-44335360A248.jpeg
3D038CBE-C119-448B-9806-1944D99B8499.jpegB72DFECE-1F67-4F64-B7BC-B079AD21A283.jpeg

As you can see, there is a lot of variety in a pack…..and the moulding quality is decent as well. Only downside is you dont get instructions. However, picking a right and left arm, then adding a head and some equipment isn’t too taxing. Parts are interchangeable between the boxes as well, so that increases the variability on offer.

Hope this helps.