FINISHED F-14B 'Red Ripper' Tomcat - 1/32 Trumpeter

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

BrIlliant tomcat Derek, I cannot see the issues you listed..

John

C

Caledonia

Thanks Rob/John for your kind comments. Cheers Derek

P.S. Rob, with the Bin Lid I think I am closer to Steptoe than Del ;) ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb work Derek,

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Magnificent Tomcat!

I think you're a bit hard on yourself - that is one hell of a model. As I view it I can't see a single fault. I think we can all get a bit caught up in the difficulties of the build but looking at it as a finished piece it's pretty damn close to a perfect replica. The finish, weathering etc have been covered above and I can't really add any more but it is superbly well done.

Bravo! - Great build for sure!

Paul

R

Ray Scheller

That's a good looking build. As an ABH on the "Connie" I saw plenty of these and they never looked this good. Very good detail. I'm currently building the Hobby Boss 1/32 version and I can only hope mine turns out half as good.

Ray

C

Caledonia

Monica/Graham, many thanks for your kind words.

Paul, careful your making me blush.

Ray, must have been a real adrenalin rush seeing these birds land and take off close-up. I built the Hobby Boss RAF Tornado a few years ago, it's in the forum somewhere; a great kit, hope you will do a build log of your Tomcat. Cheers Derek

D

Deleted member 3568

That is something to aspire to, amazing work, as the song goes, its simply the best, better than all the rest.

C

Caledonia

Many thanks kpnuts, sorry I don't know your first name. It was the first time I had used Mr Color levelling Thinner with Tamiya and Gunze Paints. It really levels the paint surface to give a smooth finish. Cheers Derek