First attempt at armour- 1/35 Panther

M

MadHatter

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Dan. How did you do your tracks?

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
its all i work with afv that is .and this model for your first attempt is at amour is cracking bud

geegad

M

MadHatter

Thanks for the replies. Flounder, for my tracks i painted them in tamiya red brown then painted the teeth with an aluminium colour then once dried i gave them a wash with pro modeler dark dirt. After that i then put them on and made a powder from chalk pastels. I then used the powder like you would with mig pigments and finally rubbed the edges with a pencil to give the metal look.

Last edited:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Certainly worked Dan. They look great

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent first crack at a bit of armour Dan, coupled with some nice weathering.

Well done.

Ron

M

Mejdzr

\ said:
All right i thought i would do something different so i chose this tamiya 1/35 panther ausf.A and i decided to have it in the 2nd SS pz. div. Theres still some touch ups i need to do and im gonna do a diorama but for now im happy with it. This was a great build and im thinking about doing an m-51 super sherman next.
Hello Dan,

I just received same Tamiya 1/35 Panther today and I love it so far {unassambled in the box :D } However this model does not have any paint guideline and your look perfect id like to know where did you get inspiration from? especialy what paint did you use{numbers and make} I would be gratefful if you could provide those informations

thank you

Matt

M

m1ks

That looks superb, I hope my first armour attempt looks somewhere near that good.

Were the tracks the continuous rubberised type? (i have a Sherman yet to build with rubber tracks and no clue how to attack them)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
How do Dan, i've been a little busy of late and just seen this build of yours mate and i must say it's a very nice looking Panther. Great job on the weathering, looks like it shoud look mate well used.

Have fun, John

L

Lancasterb1

\ said:
That looks superb, I hope my first armour attempt looks somewhere near that good.Were the tracks the continuous rubberised type? (i have a Sherman yet to build with rubber tracks and no clue how to attack them)
Hi Dan great looking Panther you have there nicely finished! As far as rubber band tracks go, this is what I do, to make them look a bit used. Paint them with a dark earth mixed with a mud/sand brown, leave it to dry then lightly dry brush with an aluminium/natural steel colour on the raised teeth. Once dry then a yellowish/light rust colour dry brushed over the grooved parts of the track, finally pick out the raised bits with a 4B pencil again which will dull the raised area down again and cover any overpaint...........................

Hope this helps? Dan great attempt as a first build!