First spray job

D

dubster72

Very good work there John, I certainly wouldn't have known it was your first spray job.

Patrick

C

Cooperman69

Looks great to me John, did you go freehand or use whitetak to mask the camo?

Atb, Colin.

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Looks great to me John, did you go freehand or use whitetak to mask the camo?Atb, Colin.
Went freehand Colin, i dont have any masking stuff at the moment (whats whitetak) ??.

Had a prob with the decels they would not stick on so i had to use watered down pva

Do you know what the price for tamiya masking tap is as i need to get some.

John

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job john , youd never know it was your first go. Whitetak is the US version of Blutak, and if you want some tamiya tape dont forget john does all the sizes in the scale-models shop, unbeatable price and very fast delivery!! Cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
"One or two splashes but on the hole not bad for 1st attempt."

Here speaks the true master of understatement and humbleness!!

That is as good as any paint job from some of our more practised sprayers! Including me!!! :sad:

You should be well chuffed with that Mr. Huggins. I am now wondering what the next three or four models are going to be like.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thank you Ian M for your kind comment, this for me is praise indeed & will inspire me to better things.

I am yet to master how the spray gun workes with all the bits to adjust & differant size needles, so i will play with what i have.

Thanks again

John.

B

Buttonman

Nice paint job buddy had one of those for christmas tryin to decide whether to single colour or multi~? too much on.

Martin

J

John Huggins

Thanks Martin for your kind comment.

Had the same problum in deciding what to paint it, in the end i thought dark yellow all over was a bit plain so i went for the camo.

Be happy & have fun.

John

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Very good paint job....well done.

White Tac is available in the UK and is better than Blu Tac because it is not greasy. I get mine from Amazon.

Here is a link to a search. Amazon.co.uk: white tac