Flat head on wire

Dwayne

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dwayne
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a tool to put flat heads on some 2.2ish wire?
TIA

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not quite sure what you mean Dwayne. What type of wire (steel, copper, brass etc) and what type of head?

If you mean a pin style flat head it might be worth having a look at lace pins, such as those found here.

You might find what you need, and it will be far easier to flatten the brass head with a file than put a flat head on a blank piece of wire.

If you do want a flat head on a wire, the only way I can think of is with a ball pein hammer and a vice. Hold the wire in the vice and round the end off like a rivet. It will be long winded and potentially inconsistent though.

Dwayne

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dwayne
Yeah sorry I didn't explain my needs very well but I was thinking of flat head nails. Since they make those in the billions I am sure a machine will do it quicker than we could blink but I wondered if there was a jig of some kind that you can make bespoke nails, however while thinking it through at work today (yes my job is that boring) I came up with a cunning plan that involves terminal blocks and nails.