Flesh And Blood

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the whole scene of this one the somba feel to it,the lone German,with his dead friends,thinking whats just happened and the US,guys

just watching him,with the tank driver reporting in, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
like the whole scene of this one the somba feel to it,the lone German,with his dead friends,thinking whats just happened and the US,guysjust watching him,with the tank driver reporting in, ;)
Thanks Monica, sorry it took so long to acknowledge your post. It's an oldie from early 90s, I try to tell a bit of a story in each of my dios.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
A very emotive dio!!

Stirling stuff!! :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
A very emotive dio!!Stirling stuff!! :smiling3:
Thanks Snowy-- my little granddaughters want to build some snowmen but it's just too darn COLD!!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Here's something to look at from back in the day :rolleyes:, until I can get this new work done, don't think this got around much. Built in 1983 or 4 I think...........Cheers...Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Very moving Jim, great piece.

Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si, I built this one for my father inlaw for his birthday and he kept it in his china cabinet for 20 years until his passing and never failed to show it off to visitors......Jim:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely work Jim. I see a bit of compassion from the US soldier towards the defeated German, nice touch.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Lovely work Jim. I see a bit of compassion from the US soldier towards the defeated German, nice touch.
Thanks Joe, not something you see too much of in a diorama, I like the unusual scenarios, also you can see the skills were a bit primitive back then :oops:

First Name
Robert
Hi Jim

You have captured war in all its entirety. It does not matter who has the bigger gun it's all about what we are prepared to lose in ourselves.

It is quite evocative to look at all the pain destruction struggle and emotion and sorrow you have captured all in one scene.

I think you have a rare talent there

Thank younger sharing this

Regards

Robert

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Hi Jim
You have captured war in all its entirety. It does not matter who has the bigger gun it's all about what we are prepared to lose in ourselves.

It is quite evocative to look at all the pain destruction struggle and emotion and sorrow you have captured all in one scene.

I think you have a rare talent there

Thank younger sharing this

Regards

Robert
Thanks Robert, I have new stuff coming out soon, a couple of vehicles and a country road "generic" display base for individual vehicles as they come out just to have something to show them on. I will also be building a city or town street base for that "urban" look. Dioramas can be so involved, take so much time plus fiddling with all the figures:oops: Then where to display them anymore. I've slowed down in that department quite a bit--BUT-- don't fear my friend, I have a WW1 dio in mind with plenty of drama, carnage etc...etc...as soon as I can collect all the figures. Will probably be my big winter project. Cheers.....Jim:smiling3:

J

John Rixon

I find myself, with all of your work, going into a "Where's Wally" (I believe its "Where's Waldo", where you hail from!) mode, scanning the pictures for all the minutiae that your dioramas always have! Miniaturising junk and detritus is so difficult - at the level of detail you display - but I have to say you have it nailed!! In a word, brilliant!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I find myself, with all of your work, going into a "Where's Wally" (I believe its "Where's Waldo", where you hail from!) mode, scanning the pictures for all the minutiae that your dioramas always have! Miniaturising junk and detritus is so difficult - at the level of detail you display - but I have to say you have it nailed!! In a word, brilliant!
Thanks John, I appreciate your attention, I find it quite fun to pick about with the little stuff, plus I feel it creates the illusion of size in the dios. That's quite an "oldie" but I think it came out well considering my budding abilities at the time {80s I think}........Jim:smiling3: