folded wings problem still?

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Guys, I'm having a real problem getting my Seafire FR47 wings to hold up still.
I know I have mentioned this b/4, but can't find where I added this :confounded:
Anyway, I remember Davecov showing the model he built several years ago, which is fantastic due to some mods etc.
anyway, I'm at the stage with mine, trying to get the wings to fold up.
Some of you gave me some good recommendations to make some "L" shaped supports etc incl...staples and large paper clips.
I tried the paper clips by cutting and bending to an L shape...drilled into the wings and placing them with Contaca glue.
waited for them to dry until fairly solid, but not very convincing afraid.:disappointed:
Davecov did say he used the original fittings, but I haven't noticed any in my two boxes.
Just wondering if anyone has a better idea?
Sorry for the overly long post. That's about as long as it's taking me to build the kit:smiling:

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've used 2 part epoxy to do this - it gives you a lot of wiggle time, and you tape it all in position & leave overnight - it's got to be right, as you'll never get them apart again..................
Dave

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks, Dave got some today, so will give it another go later
on with the saga :rolling:
As it happens it'll be good enough to repair a couple of things I've been meaning to get round to :smiling:

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Davecov did say he used the original fittings, but I haven't noticed any in my two boxes.
As I explained to you in a PM "I didn't mean I used separate hinges but used the method in the instructions for joining the wings i.e. tabs on outer wings glued to tabs on inner wings.".

Dave

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
As I explained to you in a PM "I didn't mean I used separate hinges but used the method in the instructions for joining the wings i.e. tabs on outer wings glued to tabs on inner wings.".

Dave
sorry for the late reply Dave. Been away for a couple of weeks. and think I have the flu now, no Not coved as tested for that.
Anyway, I looked at the instructions, and all I have is pictures, which obviously is the way it's going nowadays :disappointed2:
No mention of tabs or words to explain the fixing.
But thanks anyway.