Ford GPA

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Oh my that is looking very nice indeed.

Very well done Paul.

ATB

Andrew

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the wet stuff Scottie. It really has tied everything together really well. Its a lovely subject to build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Things went well did a pre shade, a top coat of VJ OD, then a slightly lighter OD on the larger panels. When this was dry the details and raised ribs were picked out with the slightly lighter OD. Finally the white stripes were masked and painted with VJ off white. Just a little bleed on the front to sort. There is also a little over spray on the front but hopefully I will loose that when the weathering continues.

DSCF2323.JPG

DSCF2322.JPG

DSCF2324.JPG

DSCF2325.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress Scottie, white stripes are looking good :thumb2:
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I have started to add HS to the area I am going to mask so that if it does bleed/seep through I can gently remove it with water. HTH

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking good with some paint on Paul.

I have started to add HS to the area I am going to mask so that if it does bleed/seep through I can gently remove it with water. HTH
That's a good idea.

Another one is to spray a light coat of the "original" colour first. That should seal up any minute gaps in the tape, and if there is any bleed it'll be virtually invisible as it's bleeding over the top of itself (does that even make sense?). I haven't tried it on anything smaller than 1:1 scale lol, but ought to work.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh don't faff about Steve just burn it off !.

Nice Paul, agree with the guys.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good with some paint on Paul.

That's a good idea.

Another one is to spray a light coat of the "original" colour first. That should seal up any minute gaps in the tape, and if there is any bleed it'll be virtually invisible as it's bleeding over the top of itself (does that even make sense?). I haven't tried it on anything smaller than 1:1 scale lol, but ought to work.
Andy, that sounds good to me I will bare that in mind next time.
Oh don't faff about Steve just burn it off !.

Nice Paul, agree with the guys.
Cheers John I'm not allowed matches.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Had a bad day today. The kit decals were appalling they wouldn't leave the carrier film and then I just could not get them to sit down. Despite leaving the gloss coat overnight the decal fix softened the paint on the front destroying the white line and the decal that should have been there. So I have repainted the white line to repair the damage and include where the decal would have sat. The remainder of them are on but they don't look good in fact this very nearly went in the bin. The whole lot has now had another coat of clear ready for the next stage of weathering which will hopefully cover the damage.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not happy with this at all in fact it could still end up in the pin. I have done a pin wash and painted the screen cover.

DSCF2328.JPG

DSCF2329.JPG

DSCF2331.JPG

DSCF2332.JPG

You can see the state of the decals. The lights have just been blocked in they need tidying up yet.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Paul,

I can see your point, but the finish doesn't look bad at all. The white stripe looks nicely worn and the rest of it too. I would let it dry till the weekend and give her a new go. Shame about the decals though...Please don't bin it....or set it on fire!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen