From the South Cheshire borders

First Name
Mark
Good evening people.

I'm a Fleet Air Arm and Classic piston fighters modeller,though I do venture occasionally to the odd Cold War,Modern or Rotary subject.
I've previously been on Britmodeller,Brexit Modeller/All Scale Modeller(though that's recently deceased),and the UAMF.
For my pains,I always drive BMW's and am a casual supporter of Liverpool FC,I've always worked in engineering as a fitter/machine operator.
I'm closing on retirement rapidly(two years to go),so have managed to acquire a meagre stash for that time.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum Mark! Love FAA and 'Classic Pistons' look forward to seeing some!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome to the forum Mark, the more you join in the more you will definitely get out of it. Quite a few of us on here came from defunct forums.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome and sympathies for your time with the Britstickers, I had the misfortune to sign up to them some time ago and I am still under therapy...
You should enjoy yourself on here, here we do modelmaking, we talk models, there is a fountain of advice, you can ask the most inane question and you will get a good amount of replies.

We do not hold it against you being a closet Liverpool supporter - someone has to be one, although the mourning period will be a long one now the Klopp has/is going.
You and Waspie should be well away on here, he is ex FAA and some say he found the golden rivet....

Aaaahhhhh! retirement, the golden days of sitting at the bench, staring out the window, wondering about what your next creation will look like, planning the build, browsing the internet for your next little gem..... Forget it, She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) is already well into the list of jobs that will need doing, the days you will tag along with that smile firmly fixed in place as you are dragged from one store to another as she 'browses', and you can forget the model shop(s) you pass on the way....

Well got to go, got to walk the dog (it's someone to talk to), get the green bin in, then off to stroll through the aisles at the supermarket and be reminded that the inside of the car smells like a wet dog and it needs a wash, after all her down the road, has her man out three times a week to wash theirs even in the snow, no, as it was falling.

Again welcome.
Mike.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome, my brother-in-law has the same BMW addiction, poor sod. Mine is small block Chevys, faster & much cheaper.

First Name
Mark
Sounds like a decent bloke does you BIL Paul.
I must say though,I do have a thing for American Muscle,small block,big block,either as long as it's a well set up V8 tbh.
Quite like a yowling Ford 427 FE side oiler running big BHP on some loud pipes.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... and it's a warm welcome from me too :thumb2:...
... I look forward to seeing you around the parish.
(VW all the way for me mind. ;) )

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Welcome to the forum mark ,’ FAA and classic pistons ‘ whats not to like ! Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Mark!