German st revisted

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi guys i was thinking off useing workable street lamps in my 1.35 german st,

this one have not had alot of spare time to work on it off lay, but dont know

what scale 1.35 would be in train scales to try to find some or , on the other hand

just try to get some small railway lights? that can run off battery

any hits most welcome

View attachment 73094

german st 001.JPG

W

Willi262

I have learned that for trains, N scale is equal to roughly 144 and O scale is roughly 1:43 -which is as close as I can get to 48th scale for mostly aircraft, but a lot of the troops I paint are that small.

First Name
Richard
Hello Moni,

well 1/35 doesn't refer to any train scale, but 1/32 is and that's here in Germany Spur 1.

I think its gauge 1 in English.

at the moment I am experimenting with some LED,s to make street lights for my Dutch building.

most led,s for modelling are 1,5 volt so it can be directly used on a AA or AAA type battery

hope this helps a little

Cheers Richi

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You could try manufacturers like Hornby, Busch and Brawa. They all make lighting systems for various railway scales that you might be able to adapt to 1/35. The Hornby range are easy to use plug and play bulbs with a standard model railway transformer. Alternatively, you could try making your own using LED or grain of wheat bulbs.

B

Bunkerbarge

If you look at model boat vendors they supply what they call "Grain of Wheat" bulbs, which can be used for whatever purpose you want. I have put 12 volt lamps into a model boat and supplied them with 6 volts so they give a nice yellow glow as you might expect from old fashioned lamps.

P

Polux

Hi Monica.

I use a railway lights (HO) on my diorama under construction "The Secret Trip" (page n 7). Looks fine to me. ;)

Regards

Polux

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Miniart do some 1/35 scale streetlights and tram supports. MN35523. But as Polux HO shouldn't be far off.

Si:smiling3:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
HO gauge is 1/87, so a ready made streetlight in this gauge will not suit 1/35. However, you can get away with HO light heads and bulbs in 1/35 with some imaginative modification.

In the UK, OO gauge (1/76) is the most popular scale, HO is more popular in the rest of the world followed by N and O gauge. Gauge 1 is fairly uncommon in the UK. You can get away with mixing HO/OO scale depending on the model and perspective created. I use HO gauge street lights and figures on my OO layout but vehicles can be a bit harder to disguise.

Gaugemaster and Kites Lights in the UK and Eurorailhobbies in Canada are useful suppliers of ready to use lighting products from the brands I mentioned earlier.

http://www.kyteslights.com/index.php?cPath=35&osCsid=e06d01e352d7e6739a97e585e7221e83

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Guys thks for all the replys and help,

oops i forgot were i put this one so thats why its late replying too

o what you all have said is to use the ho/oo scale leds for it, i do

have a train hobby shop close and well as a hobby shop so lucky there

and keep away from ebay or how some one else said evil-bay haha

and they should be able to help link them up and with power from some

think, so if i have this right for 1.32/1.35 its O scale in trains ?

thats a nice link thks Rich just scarey thinking in ponds again

have to remember x2 plus a bit

cheers all,

N

noble

Hi Monica i would try dolls house manufacturers my wife has built a wooden dolls house and you can buy lighting kits for it that might work really well.

Scott

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Scott thank you for that i will look into it ,surely cannot be that hard to do

with the right things

cheers

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi guys been a little on the quite side been playing lotro,

but to the the update on my german street,

as you can see have done quite a bit more to it but still along way to go,

and do need some help please , i need a way to shorten the high off the door way,s

as its about 25 ml above the head off the man ?

so over the 3 building need a trick to shorten the high any help most welcome

hope that you guys do thing its coming along ok,

cheers

Moni

View attachment 74680

View attachment 74681

View attachment 74682

View attachment 74683

View attachment 74684

View attachment 74685

View attachment 74686

update darman st 001.JPG

update darman st 002.JPG

update darman st 004.JPG

update darman st 005.JPG

update darman st 006.JPG

update darman st 009.JPG

update darman st 002.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good Moni , I would cut a piece of wood ( balsa or coffie stirrers ) to fit the gap then use modelling putty/filler to face it off

Are these walls miniart ? You know I don't think these are 1/35 scale I think they are 1/32 scale the doors do seem too big for the figures

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
well 1/35 doesn't refer to any train scale, but 1/32 is and that's here in Germany Spur 1.

I think its gauge 1 in English.Cheers Richi
Correct, 1 Gauge has a scale ratio of 1/32.

The scale difference in height for a 4m tall lamp post (in 1/32 and 1/35) would be about 35 cms, just over 1 cm on the model.

Steve

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Alan/Steve, thank you for the reply,

yes it is a mimiart, well i was thinking to do some thing along these lines over the 3 doorway,

as it around 25 ml above his head, bring it down about 15 ml so that leaves 10 ml over his head,

i think it was colin who said in his build off the Dutch house that some doorways with mimiart can

be over sized, so he resizes them down

will post so more pics once i get it along a bit,

cheers

Moni

First Name
Richard
Hi Moni,

coming along quite nicely, nice looking roofs.

with the resizing of the doors, you have to be carful not to make a mistake by making large doors to small. what I mean is old noble buildings used and still have large doors, in the old days large doors also meant wealth, so depending on what kind of building and purpose it has, you need to do some research on it.

the buildings you are using are commercial once, and my Dutch building is a little family home, you know what I mean;)

these little details makes or brakes a build, well that's what I think.

as for changing the size if you put some plaster or putty in the gap between door an building you can put in a texture of your liking and blend it al together.

and keep the pictures coming.

cheers Richi

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Richi ,

thank you do appreciate the kind words

yes i did realize it was your build and I,m so sorry for the mix up off names

i made the roof from 1.5mm x 13mm w x 15 mm L bosa

oh thank you for the info so a shop or restaurant, would have a a big doorway , the thing that

i was wondering was the high off it ,as its so high over his head ,and too me just looks a bit odd

what i will do is take a picture off what i was thinking off doing to lower it abit

or do you realy think just leave it at that high ?

cheers Moni

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
First Name
Richard
Hi Moni,

sorry for not tuning in sooner. Well the general idea is right, there is a but, the 54mm (1/32) figurines resembles a real height of 1890mm or 1,89m / 1950mm 1,95m. That's rather large for the time period, the 1/35 figurines go for 1,75m / 1,85m depends on the fabricator. A normal door goes from 2,00m until 2,10m keeping that in mind you should get a head clearing from about 20cm / 35cm in real, this would be in 1/35 scale about 6/10 mm. The easiest way is, to take a pop stickle here they are 8mm width, the figurine you are going to use, and make the door as large as the figurine plus the height of the pop stickle this will give you for the optic's a good result. But the most important things of all you must like it!! ;)

This is how I do it, so its not writhen anywhere that this is the right way but in modelling you can get some funny things happening by using different kinds of I think they are called vendors? there for you need to experiment and look at your surroundings.

And Dave's idea is a good one to make the door smaller but still keep that large door window.

hope this helps a little;)

Cheers Richi