Gern's Normandy GB

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi folks,

Just a simple one for this GB.

According to some very brief research, the particular mate I'm doing was part of the Free French Army which entered France through Normandy in Aug 1944 and eventually took part in the liberation of Paris.

I know the link to the GB is thin, but I figured everyone will be doing something about the landings and I wanted something very easy for this one as the next one is going to be .......

Gern

View attachment 30196

View attachment 30197

View attachment 30198

View attachment 30199

View attachment 30200

Box.jpg

Markings.jpg

Sprues 2.jpg

Sprues 1.jpg

Instructions.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good angle on things Dave. The free French came in over Sword beach along with the Brits, If I have read correctly, so the connection is there!

Never seen one of these built up so that will be interesting too!

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Dave, and a different slant on Normandy.

I've just had a blimp at this Armoured car on Google images, it looks an interesting subject with loads of scope...

Keep the pictures coming.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

Great subject for the GB and very appropriate. Normandy wasn't all about beach invasions, in fact I almost think of the invasion and the battle for Normandy as 2 separate battles, if you like: first the landings and consolidation of the beach heads, then the battle for Normandy proper.

Never built an mate so this will be interesting but I expect the kit to be up to Tamiya's usual standards and it wiil be good to see the Free French markings in what was after all a multi national invasion.

Good luck with the build

Cheers

Paul

R

rogue-one

super wee mate light amoured car! hope it's a good kit. sure it will be!