go easy this is my first build on here...

S

stubrun

right i have finally built up the courage to post my build on here, after seeing the skills floating around here i am way out of my depth, but anyway here goes

i won this kit on ebay for cheap as it had already been half (ar**d) built, basically poorly painted and most parts cut from the sprues. its a 1/24 tamiya honda prelude xx, i have a soft spot for hondas :smiling3:

ok the kit in question was painted a very poor blue colour so using the 'soak in fairy power spray' tip most of the paint came off - RESULT!

i tried to paint it camel yellow but i dont like the colour so i ended up painting it honda milos white.

View attachment 66231

View attachment 66232

View attachment 66234

View attachment 66235

View attachment 66236

2013-07-03-064[1].jpg

2013-07-03-059[1].jpg

2013-07-03-062[1].jpg

2013-07-03-063[1].jpg

yelprelude.jpg

Last edited:
T

tecdes

Great start Stuart. Keep the photos coming be interested to see them.

Know how you feel I had to get courage wound up to post on here.

Some great stuff on here but we all started at the beggining. Great thing is that you learn here as the quality is so good. You will also get great encouragement.

So best of luck.

Laurie

S

stubrun

thank you for the reply Laurie, indeed i am just in awe at the moment, i should never have looked on the diorama page in fairness, i use to think my old card hornby houses looked cool. in time hopefully i will have picked up some handy tips.

P

Polux

Why you doubt to show it Stuart?

Looking a very good start!! Don't be afraid mate!!

Keep the pics coming.

Polux

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a good start Stuart. You are a brave man starting off with a "part build". They can be a struggle. What you've posted so far looks good to me. As Laurie said, we all start somewhere. I started ages ago and I'm still rubbish at it......... Most people learn as they go. I just keep screwing it up.

Peter

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great start Stuart and a great job of the clean up before starting. Looking forward to more updates

W

Waffen Bucks

Really good start Stuart. Will look forward to seeing the progress of this one.

S

stubrun

its my birthday today so i will be cracking on with this later when my son is in bed :smiling3:

P

Polux

Yep! Happy birthday!!

This engine looks very good so far!!!

Cheers

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Happy Birthday mate, and nice going on the car, looking great.

Tony.

First Name
Jason
Happy Birthday Mate! Mucho's respect for taking on one of 'Mr Part Builds' stash and saving it from the recycling. Looking good so far. Can't wait to see the finished article.

S

stubrun

in the last 2 pictures i am not happy with the window trim, i thought i had a steady hand but i guess i was wrong, could anyone offer pointers to get it looking half decent. this is what i am aiming for

View attachment 66424

ludewhiteblack.jpg

P

Polux

You can try a black felt-tip pen. (Very thin top). Usually there is a small hollow between the window trim and the auto body. You follow it with the felt-tip pen, and the result is a thin and homogeneous line. You can use for the wheels as well.

Nice pic, is from the scale car photography.com?

Hope this help you!

PS: is looking very well mate!

First Name
Jason
My preferred method is this; Tamiya semi gloss black, use it on a pallet and add a drop of thinner. Use a good quality brush. I paint the trims freehand making sure that the model is on a stable platform and taking my time. Then whilst the paint is still soft grab a clean cocktail stick and run it around the intended line removing any stray paint.

I'm enjoying watching this come together. keep up the good work mate.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking really nice.

I had an RS2000 in Signal Orange (more of an amber colour) which looks very similar to your original choice. I can understand why some might not be too keen on that colour !

Colin M.

S

Saj

Wow, for a first build i'm well impressed. Mine was an absolute disaster. Well done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Super build for a first-take your time, rest occasionally and read the instructions and only do the parts you need-do that and you should be okay, rush or get loads of parts out and it is a recipe for disaster...I know:sad: Great job, now you're on your way to cluttering up the house :D

Si:smiling3: