go easy this is my first build on here...

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks great brings back memories as I had one of these back in the day in red the pop up headlights were a great feature although it was a bugger changing the bulbs keep up the great work a fine example you are creating there cheers John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Mate, great job, and remember, as I always say, we DO NOT BITE!!! This is a forum also to help each other out! (I hope)

John

S

Stevekir

\ said:
in the last 2 pictures i am not happy with the window trim, i thought i had a steady hand but i guess i was wrong, could anyone offer pointers to get it looking half decent. this is what i am aiming for
This is a bit late for your model, but here is what I do to get a neat line of black paint. I use 6 mm Tamiya tape to mask all but the area to be painted. It can be bent slightly by allowing the other edge to crease but sometimes a sharp curve needs the tape to be cut. In the example below, it is a raised "stripe", so the masking covered both sides. After pressing down the edge with a cocktail stick, a narrow band of two coats of Pledge Kleer were painted so as to straddle both sides of the mask edges (on the mask and on the area to be painted). This is to seal the edges and minimise bleed under the tape. The rest of the part was of course fully masked, including the other side to prevent overspray. The black gloss was then airbrushed on to wetness with gloss acrylic. Pulling off the tape carefully left a clear line between the colours. The photo below of a door panel shows spotty highlights along the edges caused by small bits of crinkly black paint which seems to be difficult or impossible to avoid. This becomes obvious due to the lighting which was artificial and close. In softer light there is little of that to see.

View attachment 82879

Door with black band.jpg