Greetings

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello Paul,
a warm-hearted welcome! I've only been here for a few days and I think it's great. So many nice hobbyists and so much to discover.
Best regards,
Andi

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
welcome Paul from me too an i like ships too as i build in 1/72 scale so lookin forward to seein your ships an hope you do a build blog an Bobthebattleship builds in your scale too as he has done a few
chrisb

Last edited:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Paul.
My mother used to live in Weipa, close to you in Cairns I believe. Bit warm she told me in your neck of the woods!!!
This is the only modelling site for me. Sound advice freely given. :thumb2:

First Name
Paul
Welcome. The ships part was kind of a surprise, I kind of expected you to say “tanks” given you’ve got a quality collection of real ones just about on your doorstep, though :smiling3:
The Australian Armour and Artillery is literally next door to where I live. I could be tempted to build the German A7V as I used to go past Mephisto at the old Queensland Museum site in Brisbane enroute to school many decades ago.

First Name
Paul
Welcome Paul.
My mother used to live in Weipa, close to you in Cairns I believe. Bit warm she told me in your neck of the woods!!!
This is the only modelling site for me. Sound advice freely given. :thumb2:
Weipa is about 820kms NW of Cairns. It can be warm at times though I moved from Darwin to Cairns so I have the climate cooler.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome to the forum, always good to have another model builder and from another part of the world....
Now where's my 'Dummies guide to speaking Oz' (Just kidding).

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Weipa is about 820kms NW of Cairns. It can be warm at times though I moved from Darwin to Cairns so I have the climate cooler.
So much for her just popping down to Cairns!!!! I thought it was just a few miles away!!! 820K some just down the road!!