Group build anyone - Falklands ?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Wiki has the date as the 2nd April to the 14th June. So we could use that or make it easy and say April 1st start and end 30th June.
Nice one Ian, I think rounded dates might help a few people out.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Early day yet, no one said that you have to get ten sign ups the first week after dropping the question.
Let it ride a bit and it's OKAY to push the thread once in a while.
Have seen a few good ideas dropped by the proposers just because it did not get the needed 10 participants right away.
Yes of course, no worries. Most of us are still busy with the festivities. I only mentioned it early in case there's a few, post Christmas ebay bargains that might fit the bill.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I've got a Rapier unit to contribute or Argentine LARC.Great idea to do a Falklands tribute for a group build.
Jon.
The Rapier sounds very interesting. I'm an aircraft person myself, but am trying to avoid the obvious route for me. Don't worry, I won't steal the Rapier idea.
I've got a Chinook, a Victor, a Sea Harrier and an A-4 Skyhawk to choose from, so I'll do one of them at least. Count me in Colin.
Completely your choice Joe, but I do like the sound of that Victor. I don't think we'll see many built.
Colin I’m in I had to go educate myself on the war I was only 13 years old
I was 14. I remember going outside to tell my dad, who was working on his old Vauxhall Viva, that they had bombed the Falklands. Meaning the Vulcan and friends had had a busy night.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very interesting as I have a Pucara so waiting to be built. If that doesn't happen I still have the Skyhawk and Sea Harrier. No ships, submarines and ground forces in the stash to add in.

Cheers,
Richard
I like Harriers a lot. But as I already have one of these on the shelf, I might try something else.
4.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin I think you have ten or more just ordered the Sea King Helicopter off Sleezbay I’m ready my friend FB4E7243-0365-484B-A436-5EE2AA1EA079.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not for me , but will follow .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Lets have a count then;
Colin M
Steve Airborne1
Peter Gillson
Joe Flyjoe
Jon Heptonstall
Mark Mark1
Lee Drennen
Richard rtfoe
Ian M Mr. Muddle
James Ancientmarina
Ian papa695

Well that didn't take to long Colin!

I will open a forum in due time.

Anyone else that wants to join in the fun can just jump on at the next bus stop.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Have known 4 folks who took part in this conflict, one was a submariner, the other 3 were paras.
But won't be participating.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Colin, I would like to join in please.

I put my name down to go out to The Falklands after the conflict, to help repair Port Stanley, the airport and other settlements. My wife put a stop to any further advancement to my idea........

Last edited: