Group build moderator

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Fenlander is now the group build moderator and as such will have the final say on what rules we should follow as regards to the build, and will also get to choose the next one or choose who will choose it (thats a lot of choose)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Congratulations ? Fenlander....

We are going for the ANY kit any SCALE as long as its a 190 arnt we?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done Graham, I am sure you will do the post justice.....rather you than me mate,LOL

Trust you to have all red writing, tad over the top!!!!!!!!

F

Fenlander

It is a bit red isn't it.... anyway, cheers guys and thanks to John for dumping..... er sorry, entrusting me with this one.

Rules are in the GB thread now. These are based on the results of the Poll.

C

colprit

Congratulations Graham, I'm sure you're the right man for the job. Good Luck.

Colin

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
congrats graham , definitely the right man for the job! cheers tony

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
It is a bit red isn't it....
It is if you are using IE but not in Firefox that's why I hadn't noticed, I will fix it for you

F

Fenlander

Cheers John, OK everyone, take off the sunglasses :laughing:

F

Fenlander

Nowt special about me mate lol. I thought it was red to warn you all off lol

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Are we allowed to build a Ta 152 version of the Fw 190?

Regards

Peter

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't answer for Graham but the technical answer should be yes. The Ta152 was a direct development of the Fw190 in the same way that a Bf109G is a development of a Bf109F and had they not changed the prefix to give old Kurt Tank a pat on the back I imagine it may well have been an Fw190E or some such nonsense. It was a rare beast,without looking up numbers I think less than 50 entered service of about 200 built.

However the prefix is Ta not Fw and 152 ain't 190.......over to you Graham.

Cheers

Steve (definitely planning an Fw190 between A and D)

F

Fenlander

I agree Steve. The TA prefix was in recognition of the designer and it was a 'next stage development' rather than a totally new aircraft. Not sure how many kits of it are available but I would say it would be OK to include in the GB Peter.

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Ta 152

Thanks Graham. I have seen at least one kit and for personal taste, I prefer the long nosed versions, they look better balanced somehow and the Ta152 certainly gave the Allies a bit of a shock when it turned up!

Peter

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Thanks Graham. I have seen at least one kit and for personal taste, I prefer the long nosed versions, they look better balanced somehow and the Ta152 certainly gave the Allies a bit of a shock when it turned up!Peter

[Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be absolutely imposible!!]

Just ordered a Pacific Coast Ta 152 in 1/32nd scale with some photo-etched bits, whatever they are.

Lets hope it's big enough for my hamfisted hands not to make too much of a mess of.

There is a Hasegawa 1/48 and at least one in 1/72 that I have seen.

Peter

B

Bunkerbarge

Congratulations Fenlander I hope the group build is a success and you go on to many more. Always a challenge to manage such things but I'm sure with the positive bunch we have here you'll be set up for plenty more.