Group build rules for FW190 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fenlander

OK. The poll has been done and I think most will agree with the outcome.

The first Quarterly Scale Models Group Build will be as follows:

Start date: April 01 2010.

Subject: FW 190.

Scale: Any.

Make: Any.

After market parts: You can add as much as you want, including scratch built parts. However, it is not a requirement to use aftermarket or scratch building to enter.

Display: The kit can be freestanding, flying on a stand or based on a scenic base/diorama.

Competition: No, this GB is not a competition. If it all goes well, this may be considered for a future GB

To enter you will need to start a thread in the Group Builds, Under construction with either your name or something that makes it easy for you to locate.

You may enter as much 'progress' posts as you like

You may comment in other peoples posts and/or ask questions. However, you may not post pictures of your build in other peoples threads. If you have a specific question about your kit, ask in your own thread with pictures if relevant.

Date of the FW 190 GB end is midnight June 30 2010

Any questions on this can be asked in Group Build Chat.

G

gerard1938

Hi Fenlander,

This is a real challenge ! Only one tiny (...) problem. Though I'm retired I fear not to be able to draw (CAD) this Focke Wulf machine within a few months,

leave alone to be able to build it (and correct all drawing-discrepancies) within the adjacent months.

I just (january) finished a 1:50 JSF and played with the idea to draw a Spit as a next model. But when you instist I'll change to FW190.

It can meet its brother in arms, the ME109 (see mijn bouwplaten by gerard ahm)

Greetings,

Gerard

F

Fenlander

Have to say your card models are just stunning. I hope one day you can do a FW190 but I realise that to start from the beginning and design one, create the drawings and build it would bot be realistic in the time of the group build. I just love the ME109 that you have in your pictures though. Would it be possible for you to do a demonstration on how you make them from start to finish? I am sure we would all appreciate more information on how you do these amazing aircraft. Many thanks.

G

gerard1938

Will do so Graham. In spite of what I already stipulated, the deadline of this project, I have collected all necessary top/side/front pictures and after comparison I've chosen type FW190-3 just because of the more simple cockpit-shape. I screendumped each significant step in the CAD-procedure

think about presenting them to you in a pps (PowerPoint) file. Will let you know when it will be 'readable'.

Greetz,

Gerard

View attachment 13861

View attachment 22456

stap3-tekeningma&#11.jpg

G

gerard1938

Hello Graham,

Forgot to thank you for your kind compliments. It's not that miraculous since everything you're interested in and every task you like to do normaly give fast and good results.

Who said again "90% inspiration causes 10% transpiration" ? Or something like that.

Anyway, I've chosen a model.

Here is the frontfpage of all A4's.

http://home.deds.nl/~gahm/FW190%20blad%200%20(1).pdf

Greetz,

G.

G

gerard1938

One month late...

Hello Graham (and all miniworld inhabitants),

Although I exceeded the building-milestone with about one month I herewith dump the first (drying) result of my cardboard FW190.

View attachment 1772724-hours hardening of epoxy-drops on the landing gear

So no FW190 gallery before july 29th :smiling:

View attachment 25581

FW190-almost.jpg

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

That is looking very nice Gerard, I would not worry about being a month late given that you, literally, started with a blank sheet and not a box of plastic bits as did the rest of it. Really looking forward to seeing the final pictures. Very well done, true modelling and skill to make something from nothing.

G

gerard1938

\ said:
>> Really looking forward to seeing the final pictures. <<
Thanks for your glorifying words Graham. One year late now, but here she is:

in three pages:

page 1

page 2

page 3

F86A Sabre to follow and Douglas DB8A-3N to be modified (waiting for proper drawing of the inspection hatch underneath the fuselage).

Greetings from sunny Dutch Diemen,

Gerard

F

Fenlander

That is just stunning Gerard, you are a very talented person.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well Gerard they do say "better late than never".

Well done,I agree with Graham. I really don't know how you make that out of card!

Cheers

Steve

G

gerard1938

Thanks Graham and Steve,

It's not a miracle at all. Although my good old (...) dad never appreciated the sound of my 2½cc Taifun Tornado with its 18000 rpm (no exhaust of course) he

always preached things such as the relation between trans- and inspiration as wel as the fact that both guys Wont and Cant could be found at the graveyard.

Much later, when I professionaly joined the contractor's everywhere on the globe I learned to like the thrill of the challenge.

That's why. Oh yes, I forgot, now I'm retired modeling in paper has nice brain-teasing aspects.

By the way, did you know that my HP1410 printer is capable to print an A4 twice and almost exactly on the same positions ?

You will see it on the gun-holes (??) of the my youngest offspring .

Greetz and c u,

G.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.