Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
then if thats a yes,i will be in lolmobear
Well its armoured so yes. I had to have a look at the specs. for one to find out though. A bit borderline but it is armoured, just not the way you would normally picture an armoured car to look like.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm all set for the helicopter build in the next GB! Got hold of a nice little Bell 47 Sioux and a Bell UH-1 Iroquois. Hope the stars align for time to build them when the time comes!

I'm going to join GB in helicopter build, but I need your help. Never build a helicopter apart from obvious Apache years ago. Who is the best manufacturer if it comes to helicopters?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Hasegawa kits are good but rather expensive. The new kits from Airfix, the Lynx was a great kit and builds well. I am going to get the Merlin as well but a bit pricy. (rather big too).

The Revell Lynx in 1/32 is also a great kit at a good price. They have also just released that in a navy version as well.

Hear that the Wessex is pretty good as well.

Ian M

First Name
Drew
I'm itching to get started on the helicopter build in April!

I finished a build in the middle of Feb (ended up rubbish so haven't bothered posting it) and haven't started anything since then.

The decals arrived for the helicopter build today so I'm really looking forward to it. Need to get a couple of paints for it and after that I'll be all set!

I suppose I could pass the time by designing the base (but obviously not building it)...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm batting around trying to figure out what to build still. The 1/48 Merlin is one I have been waiting for, but the price is a bit high on that still. The 1/32 Lynx is also rather tempting.....and I have one in 1/48 in the stash....

Still plenty of time for that problem to sort its self out.

Ian M

First Name
Drew
I keep looking at helicopter kits and every time I nearly buy another (there are at least 4 other heli's that I want) but I've decided to use one from the stash, really have to start building from the stash before I buy more!

P

Polux

I don't know if I will join in the second GB yet.....

A question Ian, the helicopter must be real (actual or old model), or can be futurist and ficticious?

Regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Polux.

If it has rotor blades as the main lift and propulsion then its a helicopter, be it old, new or not yet built. If you want to go crazy and invent a helicopter, feel free.

Ian M

P

Polux

I see some not habitual ones...from anime and futurist films....

Thank you very much Ian.

Polux

Status
Not open for further replies.