Half track GB suggestion.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So I got to add Paul and John to the list .... making thirteen so far.

Thanks for your support on this one guys. Can I ask one of the Mods to set up a thread please?

Start date 1st September, finish 30th November this year.
Any scale/nationality/era. Can be straight OOB or with any aftermarket you might care to add. No dioramas please but a simple base would be OK.
Any type of half-track provided it has a pair of wheels at the front and a pair of tracks at the back.
Usual terms: Unstarted kit preferably, but lots of us buy used kits which may have been started. They may be acceptable depending on how much has been done. Usually the Editor's decision is final but let's wait and see if there are any issues.
Box and sprue shots please and no starting before Sept 1.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Sorry, I just grabbed it off an image search for burned-out Sd.Kfz. 251/22s. I’m not quite sure what happened to this vehicle. The rear appears to have burned out but not the engine compartment; there is some kind of I-beam stuck in the opening for the engine covers, which looks like it has been used to lever up part of the engine block. I get the impression the front wheels have been removed rather than burned, too, but the dark marks on the gun shield seem to be from smoke.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
AS has been mentioned more than once or twice in these threads for GB suggestions, for the sake of clarity and to make it easier for the person making the suggestion to keep track:
Please can we keep the chit chat and photos of what you have out of the suggestions thread. (Unless it is as a question that is. "like Is this acceptable"?
If you want to join the build a clear yes/add me to the list/I'm in. is a far better indicator of your wish to take part.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hope you get the numbers Dave. I'll have to give this one a miss.

ATB.

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK guys, looks like we got enough. I bought my victim and had a quick look in the box. All seems OK but I ordered a backup from John just in case.

As far as I can see, the list of participants is:

Allen
Tim
Lee
Marty
Me
Jim
Jakko
Mike
Andy
Steve
Jack
John
Graeme.

Could you please let me know if I've missed your name off the list?

I'm going to ask Ian to set up a thread in the GB section, but the idea is:

Any half track vehicle with a pair of wheels at the front and a pair of tracks at the back.
Any scale/ nationality/era.
Build to start Sep 1 and finish Nov 30
Usual box and sprue pics to start please and don't forget to start your own thread for your build. Titles should be simple and only include your name, the scale and manufacturer and subject. For example:

Gern's 1/35 Tamiya Sd Kfz 7/1

PS I have something a little different - that's my back-up option.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Done Dave! You got that pulled together quick!
I will set the forum for it soon.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Second time left off list. Am I proscribed?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Second time left off list. Am I proscribed?
I think it is safe to say that you can play with the others. I think Dave is due a pair of specs soon. lol.

Any how this thread has served its purpose and will now be filed away under some book or the other...
Thank you for all those that have signed up.
Yes and especially you Paul as you have signed up, what? Three times!