Halloween figure- First Kit in 20 years!!

S

Sgt Apome

First completed model in 20 years- thanks to the forum for getting me back into modelling. Its a Polar Lights plastic kit of Michael Myers who, if you remember, spends the movie chasing a terrified Jamie lee Curtis around suburbia (little wonder, how the hell you gonna impress the ladies in a second hand boiler suit !). Detail on the figure was a bit sparse so I hit the washes hard to eek out some of the high and lowlights. I woul;d'nt normally post pics of my completed stuff on the site (I'm the shy and retiring type you know,) but I hope you think it came out ok.

View attachment 22649View attachment 22648View attachment 22647

View attachment 29416

View attachment 29417

View attachment 29418

halloween kit 010.jpg

halloween kit 013.jpg

halloween kit 007.jpg

F

Fenlander

Well, I hope you are no longer the shy retiring type as that is one superb figure paint job. The ground detail is very good indeed. More of this my friend, no more hiding at the back. Very good work. I suppose there could be a case for slightly less shine on the boiler suit but it doesn't spoil anything for me.

B

beav1013

great paint job. maybe for some added authenticity, you could get some red paint on the knife? or some splatters on the suit? that'd look cool.

Great job overall, i wouldn't have guessed this was your first in 20 years.

B

Bunkerbarge

One of the difficult things with large areas of clothing in the same colour is to blend the colours to give a gradual shading from dark to light. You have achieved this perfectly and achieved a very smooth transition. I agree with Graham that a more matt finish would look that bit more realistic but after 20 years I would be very pleased with this.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work. Now lets se the one with Jamie Lee Curtis......Pleaeaeaeeeaaaaaase.

Ian M

W

Waffen Bucks

Great stuff. Michael Myers is awesome Love all the Halloween films. Some oil spots/stains on the overalls would've been great, as he stole the suit off a guy driving a tow truck from an Auto Repair garage. But this is a great paint job.