Hanomag SdKfz 251 1/76 Revell/Matchbox

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
at the minute i dare not start any big projects. so ive been going thro the stash looking for some easy and fairly quick little builds

this is a Revell boxing of an old Matchbox kit, one i never did back in the day when Matchbox was around

as usual for a Matchbox moulding it comes with a little dio

im this far with it

at the mo im thinking of an early WW2 one in DunkelGrau since the dio is a wall/street....not very north african like the box art, and im not sure i have the right colours to do yellow/green/brown camo of a late war one

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Nice start!

Will keep an eye on this one! Love this little dioramas or bases.

Cheers

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks to be quite a nice little kit Paul. Look forward to seeing what you do with the diorama setting.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic paul , i love these old matchbox armour kits with the little bases , the detail on them is excellent. The figures were superbly sculpted and the interlocking method of joining the tracks was genius , much better than everyone elses pin and hole system, looking forward to seeing this one come alive , cheers tony

N

noble

lovely work so far, i rememder the one with the T34 and the jagdpanther they were great. Will be watching with interest.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
lovely work so far, i rememder the one with the T34 and the jagdpanther they were great. Will be watching with interest.scott
i did the T34 a few years ago but wasnt a great success due to my kackhandedness at the time lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
work done on the base......might still do a little more to the road yet

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great start I remember the matchbox kits if I remember many of their kits came in two different colours.

The hanomag is one of my favourit vehicles from WWII and yours is looking great , I shall be getting tamiyas 1/35 scale one the weekend and Airfix do rommels one in 1/32 scale so I might get that one as well

I shall follow this build I think it will look special on that little dio

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start paul , the brickwork looks excellent , looking forward to the next instalment! cheers tony

N

noble

Nice start on the paint work will be watching with interest.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ready for paint just not sure if its going panzergrau or yellow/green/red-brown camo yet

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
my first go at a tri color camo..............hope its easier on a bigger scale!! lol.....kind of wish i had done by hairy brush instead of air brush cos i dont think it works ,but its done now

First Name
Aaron
Nice camo, if theres any part your not too happy with you can always touch up with base colour but that looks great to me.

N

noble

lookin good on such a tiny piece, well done and keep up the good work.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i need to do an update.............been cleared, decaled, cleaared again and a wash added! :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
cleared, decaled, a dark wash, matt coated a few times, tracks on........next up is a covering of dust then maybe some light mud

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. I'm an aircraft person, but I like the old Matchbox stuff, I suppose it just takes me back.......................

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
finished....more pics in the completed thread