"HARD A'PORT JIMMY!".....1/72 PT109. Lt. J.F. Kennedy

S

Sky Raider

i missed this one for some reason Ron. What a fantastic job, 5* from me to mate.

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy & Andy, thanks for your comments fellas and the 5*. I'm glad you like my PTB.....

Andy, I reckon the Happy Hunter should be on the chocks soon?

Thanks again boys.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You've been and gone and done it again haven't you!? Yet another wonderful ***** build.

Isn't Justine getting fed up of that huge cabinet you're using just to keep your stars in?

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
You've been and gone and done it again haven't you!? Yet another wonderful ***** build.Isn't Justine getting fed up of that huge cabinet you're using just to keep your stars in?

Gern
Thanks for the 5* Dave, Im glad you like the model.

Justine has just quipped "Fat chance anything else going in that cabinet.....it's full of cans of Boddingtons!".......as if!

Take care,

Ron

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I don't normally 'do' boats or ships but this is fantastic!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for that Joe, glad you like it....

I don't normally do boaty things either, so this made a refreshing change...

Cheers,

Ron

W

wanna_be_aviator

I've always considered modeling water and waves and such the very top of the game. You are right up there, Ron! Looks very realistic. Cheers!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
If i just had to use one word to sum up this build Ron, it would have to be 'magnificent'. But i have more, WOW is one and awesome is another. Top work matey, love it, just added some more 5 stars too.

Have fun, John

C

cryton 5

hello ,and love your'e model the affect is stunning ,i hope one day too do like wise early day's look forward too new projects regards cry !!!!!

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there Ron .... . .... that is just an amazing piece of work ... kind rgds lindsey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice to see PT109 doing a second lap of the Pacific!lol

Cry, thank you for your excellent post......Keep at your modelling, learn as you go along, but remember, always have fun doing it!!

Hi, lindsey, thanks to you too for your kind comments, I appreciate it......What's on your bench at the minute?

Thanks again boys,

Ron

T

tecdes

Missed this one some how.

Ron that is quite incredible a genius at work. I bet you got it all for nothing as well !!!!

Laurie

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
I've always considered modeling water and waves and such the very top of the game. You are right up there, Ron! Looks very realistic. Cheers!
For me its figures...when is someone gonna do a sbs for 1:35 figures?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ron first of all so sorry for the late post on such a great Diorama stunning is the word. And i hope when i do my Pacific build it turns out half as good as yours i will be wll chuffed

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
Nice to see PT109 doing a second lap of the Pacific!lolCry, thank you for your excellent post......Keep at your modelling, learn as you go along, but remember, always have fun doing it!!

Hi, lindsey, thanks to you too for your kind comments, I appreciate it......What's on your bench at the minute?

Thanks again boys,

Ron
Hi there Ron ......just started doing my German half track in Afrika Korps colours .(will post some pics soon) .. waiting for a kubelwagen and anti aircraft gun from the local hobby shop to arrive and then will attempt a desert diorama scene ..... u offered me a whole ton of advice a few weeks back on where and what to start .. so i am hoping to get cracking very soon ....kind regards lindsey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Laurie, thanks for the compliments....Genius?...Between you and me around 15yrs ago during our boating phase, my wife and I were 'rescued' by the Isle of Anglesey's RNLI Moelfre Tyne class Lifeboat. By way of thanks I painted a watercolour of their boat, gave the crew a cash donation and a ruck of ale......The painting, as far as I know, still hangs in the lifeboat station.

I took a picture of the painting and that hangs in our dining room.....all this blithering leads me to my PT109 model! The sea action on the painting was just what I wanted, so I just sat in front of it and copied (sort of!)

I reckon if we have something to copy, we can all have a bloody good stab at it. In this instance it was just about taking the time to figure out how!....Then along came the 'snot' moment!

Hey Ian, no negative waves ( some pun, huh!)

When you have finished your K.G.5, our models will be able to stand together and people can be sea sick twice!

Lindsey, of course I remember now.....The plateau/escarpment. Best of luck with it and don't forget to post progress pictures.

Thanks again boys,

Ron